This course is designed for English language teachers currently working in primary education (6-12 years old) to improve their teaching skills and classroom performance and leads to a recognised qualification from Cambridge English.
The course is for schools or institutions that have a group of teachers they would like to gain the CELT-P qualification. It is made up of online modules combined with face-to-face support and classroom observation at your school by an International House teacher trainer.
- Minimum English level: B1 lower intermediate
- Minimum course size: 10 teachers
- Cost: Please contact us for a quote for your school
- Course length: 120 hours of blended study over 6 to 9 months
- Start dates: Scheduled to fit your school term times
Who is the course for?
CELT-P is for English language teachers currently working in primary education (6-12 year-olds). The course is designed to be delivered within an organisation or school, so you must be a practising primary school teacher.
CELT-P is a practical teaching qualification that will help you refresh and build your teaching skills to get the most from your primary school students.
By the end of the course you will have the skills and confidence to:
- successfully implement the curriculum
- apply your learning to classroom situations
- improve your classroom teaching
The course is a mixture of online and face-to-face content. Nine online modules focus on teaching in large primary school class contexts. They can be completed in any order.
- Module 1 - Language awareness for teaching
- Module 2 - Developing listening and speaking skills in the primary classroom
- Module 3 - Developing reading and writing skills in the primary classroom
- Module 4 - Resources for learning in the primary classroom
- Module 5 - Managing the primary classroom
- Module 6 - Approaches to teaching language in the primary classroom
- Module 7 - The young learner, language and the primary classroom
- Module 8 - Planning language learning in the primary classroom
- Module 9 - Assessing language learning in the primary context
Your teacher trainer will provide support, teaching practice and scheduled classroom observation at your school or institution.
You will be assessed in a number of ways throughout the course:
- online progress tests and practical tasks throughout the course
- Assessed Teaching Practice
- written assessment
Find out more
For more information about the CELT-P, to receive a quote or to register your organisation in the programme, please contact us.