The Cambridge CELT-S is designed for English language teachers currently working in secondary school education and teaching 11-18 year olds. It will help teachers improve their teaching skills and classroom performance and leads to a recognised qualification from Cambridge English.
The course is for schools or institutions that have a group of teachers they would like to gain the qualification. It is made up of online modules combined with face-to-face support and classroom observation at your school by an International House teacher trainer.
- Minimum English level: B1 lower intermediate
- Minimum course size: 10 teachers
- Cost: Please contact us for a quote for your school
- Course length: 120 hours of blended study over 6 to 9 months
- Start dates: Scheduled to fit your school term times
Who is the course for?
CELT-S is for English language teachers currently working in secondary education (11–18-year-olds). The course is designed to be delivered within an organisation or school, so you must be a practising secondary school teacher.
CELT-S is a pratical teaching qualification that will help you refresh and build your teaching skills to get the most from your secondary school students.
By the end of the course you will have the skills and confidence to:
- successfully implement the curriculum
- apply your learning to classroom situations
- improve your classroom teaching
The course is a mixture of online and face-to-face content. The eight online modules can be completed in any order and focus on teaching large secondary school contexts.
- Module 1 - Classroom management in the secondary classroom
- Module 2 - Language learning and the teenage learner
- Module 3 - Teaching language skills (reading, writing, listening and speaking) in the secondary classroom
- Module 4 - Language awareness for teaching
- Module 5 - Teaching language (grammar, lexis and phonology) in the secondary classroom
- Module 6 - Planning language learning (lessons and courses) in the secondary classroom
- Module 7 - Language learning resources and materials for the secondary classroom
- Module 8 - Assessing language learning in the secondary context
Your teacher trainer will provide support, teaching practice and scheduled classroom observation at your school or institution.
You will be assessed in a number of ways throughout the course:
- online progress tests and practical tasks throughout the course
- Assessed Teaching Practice
- written assessment
Find out more
For more information about the CELT-S, for a quote or to register your organisation in the programme, please contact us.