In collaboration with Cambridge English, CELTA Online is our teacher training course that combines online CELTA training with face-to-face components.
The face-to-face element of CELTA online ensures trainees gain valuable teaching experience, each candidate teaching for a total of six hours, with peers observing. An experienced IH London trainer provides feedback on each teaching practice session.
CELTA online information
- Minimum student age for CELTA - 20 years + (18 and 19 year olds may be accepted at our discretion)
- Education standard for CELTA - equivalent to that required for entry into higher education
- English level for non-native speakers - equivalent to C2 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
CELTA training online schedule
- 13 weeks (120 hours)
- 16 evening sessions of lesson planning / teaching practice at IH London
- 2 evenings of classroom observation and orientation
- Start dates: 31 January, 18 April, 12 September
CELTA online includes:
- Access to CELTA tasks and course materials online
- Flexible training schedule to fit around other commitments
- Interactive tasks, guided video observation and forum discussion
- Assessment and moderation according to the same criteria as the face-to-face course
Apply for this course
Download and return application form
- Download the application form and language awareness task, complete and save it, and return it to email@example.com.
- Once we have received the form we will respond to you within three working days to advise you of the results and discuss the next steps.
- Acceptance on to the CELTA is dependant on a successful application interview.