In collaboration with Cambridge English, CELTA Online is our teacher training course that combines online CELTA training with face-to-face components.
The face-to-face element of CELTA online ensures trainees gain valuable teaching experience, each candidate teaching for a total of six hours, with peers observing. An experienced IH London trainer provides feedback on each teaching practice session.
CELTA online information
- Minimum student age for CELTA - 20 years + (18 and 19 year olds may be accepted at our discretion)
- Education standard for CELTA - equivalent to that required for entry into higher education
- English level for non-native speakers - equivalent to C2 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
CELTA training online schedule
- 13 weeks (120 hours)
- 16 evening sessions of lesson planning / teaching practice at IH London
- 2 evenings of classroom observation and orientation
CELTA online includes:
- Access to CELTA tasks and course materials online
- Flexible training schedule to fit around other commitments
- Interactive tasks, guided video observation and forum discussion
- Assessment and moderation according to the same criteria as the face-to-face course