Pronunciation and Performance
IH London’s Expert Series on English language teaching enables you to learn from globally-recognised industry experts. These are one week courses that will educate and inspire you.
- Course length: 1 week
- Dates: 6-10 August
- Times: 09:00-13:00
- English level required: B2+ recommended
- Fees: £650
There are two strands to this practical programme:
- Develop your own pronunciation at the level of sounds, words and connected speech. Learn to feel and sense what you are doing in your mouth so that you can critique and change your pronunciation as much as you wish, and help your learners to do the same.
- Develop your performance skills through presentation and storytelling, to bring about listener engagement and enjoyment through your use of stress, intonation, voice tone, pause and fluency and body language.
At the same time, you will enjoy a complete workout with the Sound Foundations chart, as well as constant feedback to gain confidence and personalise a range of teaching techniques.
Adrian is an ELT Consultant and Trainer and worked for many years at International House Hastings as a trainer and Director. Adrian is an author and the series editor of the MacMillan Books for Teachers. He is well known for his book Sound Foundations and his inspiring talks on how to understand the phonemic chart. His pronunciation chart was developed into an app for students and teachers and won an industry award. Adrian takes a holistic approach to teaching and teacher training and is a frequent conference speaker.
Underhill, A. (1980). Use your dictionary. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
Underhill, A. (2002). Macmillan English Dictionary Workbook. Oxford: Macmillan Education.
Underhill, A. (2005). Sound Foundations: Learning and Teaching Pronunciation. MacMillan Books for Teachers.
Download and return application form
- If you are ready to book and pay for this course, please Apply for this Course, below.
- If you are applying for Erasmus funding, or your school will pay for your course, please use the downloadable application form and task, complete and save it, and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once we have received the form we will respond to you within three working days to advise you of the results and discuss the next steps.
- To book accommodation download our accommodation form.