IH Focus on Teaching Young Learners
- Minimum English Level: C1+ Advanced
- Minimum age: 18
- Minimum course size: 6
- Maximum course size: 18
- Course length: 10 hours over 2 days
- Lesson days: Saturdays
- Start dates: 12 August 2017, 9 September 2017
- Lesson times: 10am – 4pm
- Cost: £250 standalone or £200 for CELTA trainees
Who is the course for?
CELTA graduates who are looking for further input on teaching young learners. The IH Focus on Teaching Young Learners course is here to prepare you for the wild and exciting world of teaching children.
*You must have successfully completed an initial teacher training course to participate in this course.
This is a short, intensive practical course. It’s a crash course in the key skills for teaching young learners (5-11 year-olds). It will build on the existing knowledge you’ve gained from your initial teacher training course and give you the confidence to adapt to and enjoy this new context.
You will learn about the key differences in teaching Young Learners vs adults such as:
- Classroom management techniques
- Establishing routines
- How to use rewards effectively
- Games with aims
- Using flashcards, songs, storytelling & where to find resources
- Managing the parent-teacher relationship
You will also get a practical tool-kit of activities that you can immediately put into use when you start teaching.
*Please note: this course does not include any assessed teaching practice or assignments