Young Learner Centre Management
Our Young Learner Centre Management course gives academic managers an insight into the specific requirements and considerations of running Young Learner programmes.
The course is delivered wholly online with lessons divided into four two week blocks. It's designed to fit around the daily work commitments of existing academic managers or those seeking a move into Young Learner Management.
- Minimum English level: C1+/C2
- Delivery format: online
- Course length: 8 weeks (+1 week orientation prior to the start of the course)
- Weekly hours: 5 - 6 hours (on and offline)
- Total course hours: 45 hours
- Cost: £350.00
- Start dates: 9 September 2018
Who is the course for?
The course is suitable for new and more experienced academic managers who work in schools which exclusively teach Young Learners, or schools which teach a mixture of adults and Young Learners. Participants will have a near fluent level of English, C2 minimum level.
By the end of the course you will have:
- developed your awareness of key issues in relation to management of Young Learners
- explored influential theories related to Young Learners and their psychological, linguistic and social development
- evaluated these theories and their implications against practice in your context
- developed a range of practical techniques and strategies to manage Young Learner courses, students and teachers more effectively
- Worked collaboratively with an online community of practising academic managers, sharing problems, best practice and solutions
The course is divided into four two week blocks, which cover the following topic areas:
- Moving into management/Child development and L2 acquisition theories
- Course design and curriculum/ Resource management
- Academic support and development /Organisational policies for Young Learner centres
- Parental Communication and engagement/Communication across stakeholder groups
Please note that our online programmes are structured with each lesson released by your tutor at weekly intervals. You will need to work in weekly lock-step with your tutor group and work collaboratively with them on certain course tasks. This is not the type of self-study course where you can get ahead in your own time.
There is an assessed, active participation level of 80% throughout the course plus submission of a 2,500 word assignment at the end of the module.
This course can be taken either before or after the Certificate or diploma in Academic Management.
Apply for this course