Language training for the fashion industry
The fashion industry is truly global. Influences, trends and business structures spread rapidly from one continent to the other.
We work with the Gucci Group, Abercrombie & Fitch, Louis Vuitton, Aquascutum and Adidas among others.
We understand their need to communicate clearly, to understand what others say, to work effectively with international offices, and to build business and social networks around the world.
Sample syllabus - English for fashion (intermediate - upper-intermediate level)
Actual content depends on pre-course Needs Analysis, and is subject to on-going change as the course evolves. These are sample modules only.
- The current market
- Trends and forecasting, comparing international markets
- Attending trade fairs, shows
- Negotiating with suppliers, agreeing and disagreeing, using tact
- Describing fabric, cut, style
Distribution and delivery
- Making orders, completing forms
- Transportation and distribution networks
- Risk management - ‘What if..’ scenarios
- Market research, trend-spotting
- Creating and managing a brand
- Case Studies: successful branding and re-branding campaigns
- Describing silhouettes, shapes, colour
- Describing fashion details and accessories
- Explaining design processes
Participating in meetings
- Conversational strategies: turn-taking, interrupting, clarification and confirmation
- Expressing ideas and opinions, summarizing complex information
- Register: formal vs. informal language
International travel and networking
- Socialising at shows, events, conferences
- Conversational strategies, making small talk
- Communicating across cultures