This is a new and exciting partnership between ArtsEd and International House London. The course is for international students who may aspire to be actors or may want to improve their spoken English.
ArtsEd is one of this country's leading Drama Schools. On this unique course you will develop confidence in using English to communicate thoughts and feelings as well as for everyday conversational use. The use of drama to help improve language skills is an established methodology. This course will offer a specialised approach to developing spoken English.
- English level required: B2
- Course length: 8 weeks
- Maximum class size: 12
- Minimum age: 16
- Lessons per week: 2 (1 hour, 50 minutes)
- Lesson times: 19:00-21:30
- Start dates*: 8 January 2018
- Cost: £750.00
*Please note there will be no classes on days where the course includes a bank holiday.
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone aged 16+ who wishes to develop valuable acting and language skills in a dynamic arts and cultural setting. It is also aimed at those who would like to take further English speaking courses in education or training. By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Learn a variety of acting techniques
- Express yourself more confidently in a variety of cultural settings
- use body and voice to enhance communication in English
- have the tools and techniques to explore texts and characters
On completing this course you will have:
- increased your oral fluency
- explored range of acting techniques
- widened your range of active vocabulary
- studied acting methodology
- improved your reading and listening skills
- participated in the rehearsal and performance process
We aim to help you improve both your language and performance skills. To do this, the course has acting sessions that focus on performance skills and acting techniques and integrated language lessons to help you communicate more confidently.
During the course you will:
- work with other students to develop your acting skills by engaging in activities such as role-plays, improvisation, voice coaching, and script analysis
- learn, review and consolidate new language each session
- learn how to develop characters and add physical performance to a script
- get regular homework to help you review and check your understanding of what you have learned in class
- study a range of texts and scripts and enhance your reading and listening skills
- develop your pronunciation
- work towards a final performance at the end of the course
- work physically and creatively with some of our highly trained teachers of voice and movement
Please note that all sessions will take place at ArtsEd.
Need more information?
Find more information and contact us here