How to book a course
A) Language Courses
To book a language course with IH London online, simply follow the three steps below.
1) Choose your language level - For English language students, have a look at our English Level Chart or take the online English Level Test.
For Modern Language students, take the online level test in French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish or Arabic, or have a look at our Modern Languages level chart.
2) Check course availability - ensure that your course level is available on the date you wish to start. You can see the start dates for every course by selecting the English or Modern Language course you are interested in. Click here for a table of General English course start dates (to link).
3) Book your course online - the fast and secure way to pay for your course. Simply choose your start date and preferred duration (if applicable) and fill out the secure online booking form with your personal and payment details.
If you would like one-to-one tuition, please complete the relevant enquiry form and we will contact you to arrange a programme of study that meets your needs.
Please note: English and Modern Languages courses can also be booked in person or over the telephone. Please see our contact information for opening hours and telephone numbers.
B) Teacher Training and Management Programmes
Most of our Teacher Training and Management Training Courses require you to attend an interview and/or complete a written assignment prior to acceptance thus it is not practical for these courses to be bookable online. Simply follow the application steps below.
1) Choose your course - read the course description carefully to ensure that you meet the entry requirements. If you are in any doubt, please phone us on +44 (0)20 76112414.
2) Check start dates and availability - some of our course book up very quickly so we would advise you to check before applying. Select the course you are interested from the Teacher Training section to view the next available dates.
3) Complete and return your application form - Teacher Training and Management Training Courses can be applied for but not paid for online, because they require an interview or assesment of your application before you're accepted.
To apply online, choose your course from the Teacher Training section and select a start date to enter the online application form. Remember to send any additional documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you prompted.
You can also download and print the teacher training application forms from our course brochures section (to link) if you would prefer to submit a hard copy.
4) Choose your method of payment - If you are accepted onto a course, the confirmation letter will inform you whether you need to pay a deposit immediately to reserve your place. For all courses, we cannot reserve a place until the deposit has been paid. Course fees must be paid at least four weeks before the start of the course. If you have not paid your fees by that date, you may lose your place.