International House Training and Development Scholarship
The following text is taken from the IATEFL website. For submission date information, and information about how to apply, please refer to the IATEFL website.
The aim of this scholarship, funded by International House, is to enable a teacher trainer or developer working in either private or state sector education to present their work to a wider audience by giving a presentation at the IATEFL Annual Conference. The trainer or developer should also be in a position to disseminate knowledge and skills from the conference back to the local workplace.
You do not have to be a member of IATEFL to apply for this scholarship.
The award consists of:
- registration for the TTEd or TD SIG Pre-Conference Event
- registration for the IATEFL Annual Conference
- a year's IATEFL membership
- £1,500.00 for conference related expenses, including travel and visa costs
To qualify you must:
- be a teacher trainer/developer working in either private or state sector education
- be in a position to disseminate knowledge and skills from the conference back to the local workplace
To be considered you must submit:
- a speaker proposal (related to your 400 word statement) by the scholarship deadline. Without a submitted speaker proposal, the scholarship application will be invalid
- a passport size photo (for inclusion in the conference programme and the scholarship poster if you win, please refer to the scholarship guidelines for photo requirements)
- a 400-500 word statement to include:
- a brief description of your working context
- an analysis of the main challenge in your training context
- a brief description of the steps you have taken to address these challenges, and the rationale for these steps
- a conclusion detailing whether and why your intervention was unsuccessful or successful
- bullet points of your main learning points from this experience