As more and more medical staff are needed in the fight against Covid 19 and to help restabilise the NHS, passing the OET exam is a vital step for many in registering as nurses and doctors with the NMC and GMC. We are therefore pleased to announce that as part of our phased reopening of our Exams department, OET testing will be restarting again at IH London from the 13th of June, with other centres to be reopened later on.
The tests are paper based, and exam sessions will take place twice a month with candidates allocated a morning or afternoon session for the written components. Results are issued via the OET online portal 16 working days after the test. Before taking the exam, IH London is running a number of online preparation courses right now to get candidates ready. Take a look at our range of options here.
Safety for Candidates and Staff
During this challenging time, the safety of our exam candidates and staff is imperative, and IH London will be doing all it can to ensure social distancing, hygiene and safety measures are met.
- Upon arrival there will be a staggered entry into the building – there will be various entry/exit points to the school to ensure space between candidates
- There will be a clear one way candidate journey within the building to reduce physical contact
- Floor tape will be placed in corridors, outside building entrances, in the lift and at registration indicating the 2 meter distance required
- There will be sneeze guards between the candidates and the examiner / interlocutor during the speaking tests
- All candidates and staff will wash their hands upon entry to the building
- Hand washing stations and frequent hand sanitiser will also be available throughout the day
- Door handles and stair banisters will be sprayed with disinfectant at the end of each round of candidates
- Candidate desks and computer equipment will be sprayed with disinfectant at the end of each round of candidates
- Candidates may wear masks if they wish to (these must be removed at registration and during ID checks)
- Candidates may wear gloves if they wish to (these must be removed at registration and during ID checks)
- Candidates may wear protective eye-wear if they wish to (these must be removed at registration and during ID checks)
- Candidates must bring and use their own stationery and take it home with them when they leave the venue
To find out more about taking an OET exam at IH London visit this page.