January has seen our CELTA courses at International House London sell out. Would you like to know why? Read below to find out more about the CELTA courses and what they can do for you.
What is CELTA?
CELTA – “Certificate in Teaching English Language to Adults”, is the most widely recognised TEFL course across the world. Founded by International House, it has grown, evolved and changed the lives of many from the early 1960s. This is a lifelong qualification allowing individuals to teach the English language all over the world.
Wouldn’t it be incredible if you had a sustainable career which allowed you to cross borders? If that is what you are looking for, then a CELTA could be for you.
Who is CELTA for?
• New teachers staring their career
• First-language English speakers and non-first language speakers
• Teachers with some experience who want to develop their skills
• Teachers who want to travel and teach English
• People looking for a career change
How can I fit my CELTA course around my current work?
We completely understand that whilst the CELTA offers you a lifelong career change, in the present time you may still have other commitments such as work or other personal reasons. Therefore, we have constructed three different style of courses below.
• Full-time CELTA: be qualified in just 4 weeks
• Part-time CELTA: perfect for qualifying around other commitments, with evening and Saturday classes over 12 weeks.
• Blended CELTA: combine face-to-face learning with online studying at times that suit you over the course of 13 weeks.
Do I need to speak a foreign language to take a CELTA?
Whilst beneficial, the CELTA course does not require a second language. All that is needed is your commitment to the course and a passion to teach. However, if you wish to gain more skills in a second language, we at International House London offer a range of Modern Language Courses to fit your schedule.
Would you like to receive more information regarding a CELTA course? Why not enquire with us today and see what you can achieve?
Make 2020 your CELTA year.