For ages 12-17, to learn English and explore the UK through lesson topics, activities and study trips.
Available in summer
Arrival Day: Wednesday
Your child can learn English through interesting lessons topics, such as Our World, and practise their English through fun activities, such as yoga, art and basketball. Study trips to explore the UK included.
Your child will enjoy English lessons in the morning and activities conducted in English in the afternoon.
Students will have 15 hours of English lessons a week, taught by qualified teachers with extensive young learner experience. On their first day, students will have a placement test to assess their English level, they will then be placed into classes based on their level. Each class has a maximum of 15 students.
During their lessons students will learn and practise their English, while having fun, and developing other important life skills such as team-work and confidence.
Students follow our weekly themes which allow them to improve their English while learning about other subjects. These include:
- Environment (Our Planet)
- World Culture (Our World)
- News and Environment (Our Space)
- Science and Technology (Our Future)
- Society (Our Community)
Each afternoon students will take part in a range of activities such as football, basketball, tennis, rounders, art attack, yoga and many more. All of these are led by our experienced Activity Leader team.
There are on-site evening activities organised by IH staff every night, including fashions shows, discos, film nights, and treasure hunts.
Learning summary (per week)
Lessons: 15 hours
Study trips: 1 full-day trip and 1 half-day trip
Other activities, including sports, arts and crafts: 30 hours
Your child will:
- Improve their spoken English
- Increase their English vocabulary
- Try new sports and activities
- Experience Britain by visiting London, Oxford and Warwick
- Make new friends from around the world
- Be prepared for studying in an English- speaking environment.
Study trips are also a big part of the course, with one full-day and one half-day trip to places of interest in the UK included every week.
- Cambridge trips include: Warwick Castle, Oxford city centre, London with a Thames boat cruise and royalty walking tour, and punting on the river Cam.
- Trips at Oxford include: Walking tour and entry to a University of Oxford college, Punting on the River Cherwell, Bath with a walking tour and entrance to the Roman Baths, and London, with a ride on the London Eye, a royalty and politics walking tour, and Westminster Abbey.
- All tuition
- All class materials
- All activities
- Full and half day trips to exciting destinations
- Evening activities organised and supervised by IH staff at the school
- On-site residential accommodation at the school
- All meals
- Regular drinks and snacks
- 24/7 support and supervision by our on-site IH team
- Free Wi-Fi access
- Comprehensive travel insurance
IH London’s Cambridge Young Learner Centre is held in the prestigious Murray Edwards College. The college is part of the University of Cambridge, and is home to the largest collection of women’s art in Europe. Learn more about our Cambridge centre.
Sir Isaac Newton, Stephen Hawking and Charles Darwin all studied at Cambridge.
The University of Cambridge was founded in 1209.
Frensham Little Pond was created in the 13th century, when King Henry III was on the English throne.
Frensham Common is owned by the National Trust and is a site of special scientific interest.
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay
We are the first UK language school to offset carbon emissions, for all flights to all our summer young learner courses.
All our schools have four on-site senior managers. All senior staff have student welfare training every year.
International House London is a charitable education trust and we reinvest profits to improve your child’s learning experience.
Our Young Learner Centres are accredited by The British Council.