For ages 12-17, to learn English and explore the UK through lesson topics, activities and study trips.
Available in spring and summer
Your child can learn English through interesting lessons topics, such as Our World, and practise their English through fun activities, such as yoga, art and basketball. Study trips to explore the UK included.
|Location||Ellesmere | Oxford|
|English level||All levels welcome
(Your child will be in a class with students of the same level)
|Course length||Choose 1-5 weeks (1-3 weeks in spring)|
|Season||Spring | Summer|
Your child will enjoy English lessons in the morning and activities conducted in English in the afternoon.
Students will have 15 hours of English lessons a week, taught by qualified teachers with extensive young learner experience. On their first day, students will have a placement test to assess their English level, they will then be placed into classes based on their level. Each class has a maximum of 15 students.
During their lessons students will learn and practise their English, while having fun, and developing other important life skills such as team-work and confidence.
Students follow our weekly themes which allow them to improve their English while learning about other subjects. These include:
- Environment (Our Planet)
- World Culture (Our World)
- News and Environment (Our Space)
- Science and Technology (Our Future)
- Society (Our Community)
Each afternoon students will take part in a range of activities such as football, basketball, tennis, rounders, art attack, yoga and many more. All of these are led by our experienced Activity Leader team.
Study trips are also a big part of the course, with one full-day and one half-day trip to places of interest in the UK included every week.
- Trips at Ellesmere include: Manchester with a walking tour of the city and entry to the famous Old Trafford football stadium, home to Manchester United, and a day trip to Liverpool with a walking tour and ferry ride. Half-day trips include Chester Zoo and Llangollen Railway.
- Trips at Oxford include: Walking tour and entry to a University of Oxford college, a visit to Oxford Castle, Punting on the River Cherwell, Bath with a walking tour and entrance to the Roman Baths, and London, with a ride on the London Eye, a royalty and politics walking tour, Westminster Abbey and Madame Tussauds.
There are on-site evening activities organised by IH staff every night, including fashions shows, discos, film nights, and treasure hunts.
Learning summary (per week)
Lessons: 15 hours
Study trips: 1 full-day trip and 1 half-day trip
Other activities, including sports, arts and crafts: 30 hours
Your child will:
- Improve their spoken English
- Increase their English vocabulary
- Try new sports and activities
- Experience Britain by visiting Liverpool and Manchester
- Make new friends from around the world
- Be prepared for studying in an English- speaking environment.
|Location||Season||Start dates||Arrival day||Course length||Price|
|Oxford||Spring||28 March 2021
04 April 2021
11 April 2021
|Sunday||Choose 1-3 weeks||£950 per week|
|Ellesmere||Summer||07 July 2021
21 July 2021
28 July 2021
04 August 2021
|Wednesday||Choose 1-5 weeks||£850 per week|
|Moulton||Summer||Coming soon!||£850 per week|
- All tuition
- All class materials
- All activities
- Full and half day trips to exciting destinations
- Evening activities organised and supervised by IH staff at the school
- On-site residential accommodation at the school
- All meals
- Regular drinks and snacks
- 24/7 support and supervision by our on-site IH team
- Free Wi-Fi access
- Comprehensive travel insurance
We are the first UK language school to offset carbon emissions, for all flights to all our summer young learner courses.
All our schools have four on-site senior managers. All senior staff have student welfare training every year.
International House London is a charitable education trust and we reinvest profits to improve your child’s learning experience.
Our Young Learner Centres are accredited by The British Council.