A business English course for teenagers and young professionals.
Small class sizes that take place in our Executive Centre.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for undergraduates or young professionals to improve their English and practical skills for their careers. It’s a great boost to your CV.
What will I learn?
Get a head start in the world of business or use these skills in any career, with a Business English course specifically for young people.
- Identifying key skills for good leadership
- Writing a successful CV and personal statement
- Writing cover letters and emails
- Presentations, including intonation and handling questions
- Effective communication techniques: what good managers do
- Develop team-building skills
- Listening skills and useful expressions
- Negotiations and role play
- Mock interviews
You will be placed in a class with people of a similar language level as you.
Practical career skills
Learn practical career skills from real departments at IH London, including HR, Sales & Marketing, Modern Languages, Student Services and Finance. IH London staff will share their knowledge and experience with you, and there will be the opportunity to volunteer in some of the departments.
- Writing a successful CV
- Preparing for job interviews – questions to ask and questions to answer
- Conducting interviews
- Social media platforms and types of campaigns
- Language style for different marketing campaigns
- Creating marketing templates for print and online
- Discussing figures and trends
- Analysing and discussing balance sheets and profit & loss accounts
- Computer and technology related vocabulary
- Preparing and delivering a presentation in a professional environment
- Language and culture of negotiations
- Writing work emails
- Work meetings: organising, running and closing a meeting
- Managing a project effectively
Classes: 09.30–12.30 and 13.30–16.30
Practical career skills: 09.00–13.00, plus one hour tutorial with the teacher every afternoon and academic research.
Course length options
2 weeks (lessons only)
4 weeks (2 weeks lessons and 2 weeks practical career skills)
8 weeks (4 weeks lessons and 4 weeks practical career skills)
What can I do next?
- Use your new English and career skills to get a promotion or a new job
- Use your new skills and experience to apply for higher education
- Prepare for an IELTS or Cambridge Exams qualification
Book for 2021 at 2020 prices
Book before 01 November 2020 for any start date in 2021 and you can book at this year’s prices on your 2021 course.
2 weeks: £1250
4 weeks: £1350
8 weeks: £2700
Registration fee: £98
Plus, you will also receive your accommodation at this year’s standard prices.
Book now: firstname.lastname@example.org