English Evening Course Online: Focus on job skills
If you live in London and want to improve your confidence in the work place and your job prospects, this four-week short course is for you.
On this course you will become more proficient at talking about jobs, writing CV’s, cover letters. You will develop interview skills and techniques. There is a balance of reading, listening, speaking and writing with an exploration of genre and useful language you improve your job prospects.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal if you want to improve your understanding and/ or prospects in the UK job market.
Minimum level: B2
- Learners will be better able to:
- talk about jobs and describe personal strengths and qualities
- create effective CV;s
- write a letter of application
- perform more effectively during interviews
Focus on Work –a series of specialised practical workshops to help develop skills and language for the UK workplace
Week 1: Introduction to the UK jobs market (analysing job ads)
Week 2: CV writing
Week 3: How to write a successful Cover Letter
Week 4: Job hunting and interview techniques and practice
To get the most from this course you will need:
- A reliable internet connection
- A desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- A web camera on or attached to the device you are using
- An integrated microphone in the device you are using or an attached headset.
- You will be sent all the details you need to connect to the IH London virtual classroom.
*Please note there will be no classes on days where the course includes a bank holiday.
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay