Our Conversation Classes are a fun way to practice and improve your fluency with people alike: share your passion for languages and different aspects of culture. During the course you will have the opportunity to explore a variety of topics through interactive and communicative activities; special attention will also be paid to refining your pronunciation and intonation to make you sound like a native! The course is designed for those who are intermediate level or above. If you’re unsure of your level, then take our quick French language level test here, or check our level chart.
Our French language classes are dynamic and engaging, and are planned and delivered by qualified, experienced teachers, who will speak in the target language almost exclusively to allow for total immersion.
This course focuses on conversation so you will have the opportunity to improve and refine:
- Your conversational skills
- Your fluency by focusing on specific tasks
- Your pronunciation by:
- Learning to recognise specific sounds and reproduce them
- Finding your perfect speech pace
- Learning to use your mouth to produce those difficult sounds
- Your intonation: sound like a native!
- Learn how to join words in more complex sentences and express yourself effectively: intonation communicates your emotions and intentions
- Focus on cultural awareness
- During the course you will be encouraged to record yourself
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 15)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 252 class hours of previous French language study required
- Classes will take place at our school in Covent Garden (16 Stukeley Street, Holborn, London WC2B 5LQ)
- The classes are 1.5 hours per week
- The course runs for 10 weeks
- The course takes place on Friday evenings 18:00 – 19:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follows:
12th January – 15th March 2024
12th April – 14th June 2024
5th July – 13th September 2024*
4th October – 6th December 2024
*There is a week’s break in the course from 29th July – 2nd August 2024. The course will, however, still consist of 6 lessons spread out over 7 weeks.
This language course includes:
- Access to our online platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from French language teachers
- French language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay