French Level 10 is a Pre-Intermediate French course for students who have been studying French for a while. French Level 10 requires that you have previously studied French Level 9 or a course of at least 108 class hours. If you’re unsure of your level, then take our quick French language level test here or check our levels chart.
Our French language classes take place at our school in Covent Garden with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. Evening language classes at IH London are dynamic and interactive as the emphasis is on spoken communication, which is achieved through lots of group work and role-plays. At the same time, there is systematic work on grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation, so that you can improve on all aspects of the language. Your teacher speaks in the target language throughout, so that you can refine your comprehension and listening skills.
- Talking about past events
- Talk and describe a town/city/country
- Talk about shopping habits
- Talk about daily life
- Indicate preferences
- Tell an anecdote
- The subject pronoun on
- The relative pronoun qui, que and ou
- Gender and plural of nouns
- Comparative and superlative forms
- Prepositions before names of cities and countries
- The pronouns y, en and COI
- Shops and Trading
- The Kitchen
Students should have some knowledge of the ‘passé compose’ and the ‘imparfait’ and understand the basic difference between them before taking this course.
- Urban city in Bruxelles and Nivelles.
- Life in Paris
Inspire 2 – A2: Livre de l’élève 2 + audio/video + Parcours digital*
*Coursebooks are to be purchased after the first lesson and are required for the course. Books will be available to purchase from reception on the day of your second lesson.
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 15)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 108 class hours of previous French language study required
- Classes will take place at our school in Covent Garden (16 Stukeley Street, Holborn, London WC2B 5LQ)
- The classes are 2 hours per week
- The course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
Thursdays: 5th October – 9th November 2023
Mondays: 13th November – 18th December 2023
Tuesdays: 9th January – 13th February 2024
Wednesdays: 21st February – 27th March 2024
Thursdays: 11th April – 16th May 2024
Wednesdays: 22nd May – 26th June 2024
Tuesdays: 2nd July – 13th August 2024*
Thursdays: 22nd August – 26th September 2024
Tuesdays: 1st October – 5th November 2024
Mondays: 11th November – 16th December 2024
*There is a week’s break in the course from 29th July – 2nd August 2024. The course, however, still consist of 6 lessons spread out over 7 weeks.
This language course includes:
- Access to our online platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from French language teachers
- French language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay