Level 12 of the French language course requires that you have previously studied French for at least 132 class hours.
Evening language classes at IH London are dynamic and interactive. Your teacher speaks in the target language and uses teaching aids to help you understand. Emphasis is on spoken communication and interaction; this is achieved through pair and group work, simulations and role-plays, and is supported by systematic work on grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation.
Talking about experience in life, giving advice in a personal or professional context.
Indicators of time (il y a, pendant, depuis, dans, pour), consolidating present conditional, introduction to the subjunctive (il faut que + subj). Students should have some knowledge of passé compose and imparfait, the difference between both of them and the present conditional.
- Average class size 8 – 10 (maximum 14)
- Minimum student age for French evening classes – 18 years +
- Language level for French evening language programme: 132 class hours of previous French language study required
- Classes will take place at either our Stukeley Street or Southampton Row sites TBC. Both are 5 minutes walk from Holborn tube station
- French class length is 2 hours per week
- Course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18.30 – 20.30
The language programme includes:
- Lesson summaries, notes and resources online
- Support and advice from French language teachers
Need assistance choosing your course?
Take a look at our FAQs page which has lots of information about our classes.Contact us
French Courses Brochure
Download the French section of our Foreign Languages brochure to find out about our wide range of French language courses.
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay