French Level 13 is an Intermediate course for students who have studied the French language to a fairly high level. French Level 13 requires that you have previously studied French Level 12 or a course of at least 144 class hours. If you’re unsure of your level, then take our quick French language level test here or check our levels chart.
Our French language classes take place at our school in Covent Garden with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. Evening language classes at IH London are dynamic and interactive as the emphasis is on spoken communication, which is achieved through lots of group work and role-plays. At the same time, there is systematic work on grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation, so that you can improve on all aspects of the language. Your teacher speaks in the target language throughout, so that you can refine your comprehension and listening skills.
- Parler de faits de société (exemples : politique, environnement, culture et tradition)
- Exprimer son opinion et argumenter
- Parler des sujets de la vie courante (exemples: travail, temps libre, vacances)
- Présent du subjonctif
- Expressions pour donner son opinión (a mon avis…, il me semble que…)
- Expressions idiomatiques
Students should already have a good knowledge of the indicative tenses before taking this course.
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 15)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 144 class hours of previous French language study required
- Classes will take place at our school in Covent Garden (16 Stukeley Street, Holborn, London WC2B 5LQ)
- The classes are 2 hours per week
- The course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follows:
Tuesdays: 3rd October – 7th November 2023
Wednesdays: 15th November – 20th December 2023
Mondays: 8th January – 12th February 2024
Thursdays: 22nd February – 28th March 2024
Mondays: 8th April – 13th May 2024*
Tuesdays: 21st May – 25th June 2024
Wednesdays: 3rd July – 14th August 2024*
Thursdays: 22nd August – 26th September 2024
Wednesdays: 2nd October – 6th November 2024
Tuesdays: 12th November – 17th December 2024
*Due to the Early May Bank holiday there is no lesson on the Monday 6th of May. The lesson will be rescheduled to Friday 10th May unless otherwise agreed with the teacher. The course still consists of 6 lessons in total.
*There is a week’s break in the course from 29th July – 2nd August 2024 due to the summer holiday. The course, however, still consists of 6 lessons spread out over 7 weeks.
This language course includes:
- Access to our online platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from French language teachers
- French language study tips
Need assistance choosing your course?
Take a look at our FAQs page which has lots of information about our classes.FAQs – Foreign Languages
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay