For ages 14-17, a summer English course for the next business leaders: an introduction to what it is like to study for an MBA at a prestigious business school.
Students work together through seminars and business challenges. Includes special trips, visits to companies and guest speakers.
|English level||B2 (upper intermediate) and above|
|Course length||2 weeks|
Future Leaders Young MBA is a taster of an MBA programme at a prestigious business school.
Students will be split into project management groups of up to five and will work together through seminars and business challenges aimed at simulating an MBA course.
Example topics include: marketing, strategic thinking, qualities of an entrepreneur, public speaking, digital strategy, and business coaching.
Just like a real MBA the course is designed to introduce topics such as strategic thinking and decision making, as well as introducing them to basic skills in business.
The course ends with presentations of the projects and an awards ceremony.
There are two full-day trips and one half-day trip as part of the course, including a walking tour and entry to a University of Oxford college, London with a walking tour and company visit, and Cambridge with entry to King’s College, a walking tour and punting on the River Cam.
The Young MBA programme includes a visit to a London based company during the full day excursion. The visit will include a guided tour of their offices and a talk outlining their operations and strategies, as well as core business functions and marketing campaigns. Students will get a behind-the-scenes look at a leading company.
Learning summary (per two-week course)
Lessons: 42 hours
Study trips: 2 full-day trips and 1 half-day trip
Other activities, including sports, arts and evening activities: 40 hours
Your child will:
- Improve core skills for bright, academic and professional careers
- Improve their spoken English
- Increase their English vocabulary
- Network and make new friends from around the world
- Improve skills such as teamwork and problem-solving
- Be prepared for studying in an English-speaking environment
- Be prepared for working in an English-speaking environment
- Improve their presentation skills
- Improve their business English vocabulary
- Gain an understanding of what it is like to study an MBA
- Advance their English language skills
|Location||Season||Start dates||Arrival day||Course length||Price|
|Oxford||Summer||21 July 2021||Wednesday||2 weeks||
(£1439.50 per week)
- All tuition
- All class materials
- All activities
- Full and half day trips to exciting destinations
- Evening activities organised and supervised by IH staff at the school
- On-site residential accommodation at the school
- All meals
- Regular drinks and snacks
- 24/7 support and supervision by our on-site IH team
- Free Wi-Fi access
- Comprehensive travel insurance
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay
We are the first UK language school to offset carbon emissions, for all flights to all our summer young learner courses.
All our schools have four on-site senior managers. All senior staff have student welfare training every year.
International House London is a charitable education trust and we reinvest profits to improve your child’s learning experience.
Our Young Learner Centres are accredited by The British Council.