Levels 3 and 4 of our intensive German Fast-track programme is for those learning to speak the German language and are at elementary level.
Language classes at IH London are dynamic and interactive. Your teacher speaks in the target language and uses teaching aids to help you understand. Emphasis is on spoken communication and interaction; this is achieved through pair and group work, simulations and role-plays, and is supported by systematic work on grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation.
Telling the time, daily routine, making arrangements, giving and understanding directions, describing the location of items in a room, talking about past events and activities.
Separable verbs, telling the time and days of the week, modal verbs (müssen, möchten, können), connectors for main clauses (und, denn, aber), imperative, directions, prepositions with accusative and dative, the perfect tense.
Sightseeing and arrangements in Germany, everyday life in Germany, class reunions, public transport in Germany.
- Average class size 8 – 10 (maximum 14)
- Minimum student age for German classes – 18 years +
- Language level for German language programme: 24 class hours of previous German language study required
- Classes will take place at either our Stukeley Street or Southampton Row sites TBC. Both are 5 minutes walk from Holborn tube station
- German class length is 4 hours per week
- Course runs for 6 weeks
- German classes run from 10.30 – 14.30 on Saturdays
22/02/2020 – 28/03/2020
16/05/2020 – 20/06/2020
15/08/2020 – 19/09/2020
07/11/2020 – 12/12/2020
The language programme includes:
- Lesson summaries, notes and resources online
- Support and advice from German language teachers
Need assistance choosing your course?
Take a look at our FAQs page which has lots of information about our classes.FAQs – Foreign Languages
German Courses Brochure
Download the German section of our Foreign Languages brochure to find out about our wide range of German language courses.
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay