German Level 16 is an Intermediate German course for students who have studied the German language to a fairly high level. German Level 16 requires that you have previously studied German Level 15 or a course of at least 180 class hours. If you’re unsure of your level, then take our quick German language level test here or check our levels chart.
Our German language classes take place at our school in Covent Garden with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. Evening language classes at IH London are dynamic and interactive as the emphasis is on spoken communication, which is achieved through lots of group work and role-plays. At the same time, there is systematic work on grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation, so that you can improve on all aspects of the language. Your teacher speaks in the target language throughout, so that you can refine your comprehension and listening skills.
- Understanding proverbs and idioms
- Job applications
- Talking about food/recipes
- Verbs and prefixes
- Pronominal adverbs (darauf, darüber, etc)
- Revision and consolidation of participles as adjectives
- Topics may include: food, work life, literature
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 15)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 180 class hours of previous German language study required
- Classes will take place at our school in Covent Garden (16 Stukeley Street, Holborn, London WC2B 5LQ)
- The classes are 2 hours per week
- The course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follows:
Wednesdays: 4th October – 8th November 2023
Thursdays: 16th November – 21st December 2023
Mondays: 8th January – 12th February 2024
Tuesdays: 20th February – 26th March 2024
Wednesdays: 10th April – 15th May 2024
Mondays: 20th May – 24th June 2024*
Thursdays: 4th July – 15th August 2024*
Mondays: 19th August – 23rd September 2024*
Tuesdays: 1st October – 5th November 2024
Wednesdays: 13th November – 18th December 2024
*Due to the Spring Bank Holiday, there is no lesson on the Monday 27th of May. The lesson will be rescheduled to the Friday 31st May unless otherwise agreed with the teacher. The course still consists of 6 lessons in total.
*There is a week’s break in the course from 29th July – 2nd August 2024 due to the summer holiday. The course still consists of 6 lessons spread out over 7 weeks.
*Due to the Summer Bank Holiday, the lesson on Monday the 26th of August will be rescheduled to Friday 30th August unless otherwise agreed with the teacher. The course still consists of 6 lessons spread out over 7 weeks.
This language course includes:
- Access to our online platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from German language teachers
- German language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay