Level 2 of the German language course requires that you have previously studied German for at least 12 class hours.
Evening language classes at IH London are dynamic and interactive. Your teacher speaks in the target language and uses teaching aids to help you understand. Emphasis is on spoken communication and interaction; this is achieved through pair and group work, simulations and role-plays, and is supported by systematic work on grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation.
Expressing likes and dislikes, activities and hobbies, talking about family, ordering food and drink; food shopping.
Verb conjugation with irregular verbs, definite and indefinite articles in the accusative, negatives (nicht and kein), possessive articles.
Visiting restaurants and cafes in Germany, families, shopping and paying.
- Average class size 8 – 10 (maximum 14)
- Minimum student age for German evening classes – 18 years +
- Language level for German evening language programme: 12 class hours of previous German language study required
- Classes will take place at either our Stukeley Street or Southampton Row sites TBC. Both are 5 minutes walk from Holborn tube station
- German class length is 2 hours per week
- Course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:30
Tuesdays 25/02/2020 – 31/03/2020
Wednesdays 20/05/2020 – 24/06/2020
Thursdays 20/08/2020 – 24/09/2020
Mondays 09/11/2020 – 14/12/2020
The language programme includes:
- Lesson summaries, notes and resources online
- Support and advice from German language teachers
Need assistance choosing your course?
Take a look at our FAQs page which has lots of information about our classes.FAQs – Foreign Languages
German Courses Brochure
Download the German section of our Foreign Languages brochure to find out about our wide range of German language courses.
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay