German Level 9 is a Pre-Intermediate German course for students who have been studying German for a while. German Level 9 requires that you have previously studied German Level 8 or a course of at least 96 class hours. If you’re unsure of your level, then take our quick German language level test here or check our levels chart.
Our German language classes take place at our school in Covent Garden with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. Evening language classes at IH London are dynamic and interactive as the emphasis is on spoken communication, which is achieved through lots of group work and role-plays. At the same time, there is systematic work on grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation, so that you can improve on all aspects of the language. Your teacher speaks in the target language throughout, so that you can refine your comprehension and listening skills.
- Polite questions
- Phone enquiries
- Stating opinions
- Agreeing and disagreeing
- Obwohl und trotzdem
- The imperfect tense
- Prepositions with the accusative
- Indirect questions
- Topics may include: biographies, history, fairy tales, nutrition, generations
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 14)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 96 class hours of previous German language study required
- Classes will take place at our school in Covent Garden (16 Stukeley Street, Holborn, London WC2B 5LQ)
- The classes are 2 hours per week
- The course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
Tuesdays: 17th August – 21st September 2o21
Wednesdays: 29th September – 3rd November 2021
Mondays: 8th November – 13th December 2021
Tuesdays: 11th January – 15th February 2022
Wednesdays: 23rd February – 30th March 2022
Wednesdays: 6th April – 18th May 2022*
Thursdays: 26th May – 30th June 2022**
Mondays: 15th August – 19th September 2022***
Wednesdays: 9th November – 14th December 2022
*Due to the Easter holiday there is a break in the course on the 20th of April. The course still consists of 6 lessons however.
**Due to the Bank Holiday, the lesson on the 2nd of June will be rescheduled to another day tbc with the teacher.
***Due to the Bank Holiday, the lesson on the 29th August June will be rescheduled to another day tbc with the teacher.
This language course includes:
- Access to our Moodle platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from German language teachers
- German language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay