Online Introduction to Japanese is a Beginners Japanese course for students who have never studied the Japanese language before. This is a less intensive course than our 6-week Online Level 1 Japanese course, allowing you to ease your way into the language at a slower and more relaxed pace. At the end of the 10-week Online Introduction course, students can then join the Online Level 2 class. If you’re unsure of your level, then take our quick Japanese language level test here or check our levels chart.
Our Online Japanese language classes take place via Zoom with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. The interactive lessons emulate our face-to-face classes, and via teacher screen-sharing, students are able to experience a live classroom environment. From vocabulary activities and covering grammar points on the white board, to listening exercises, file sharing and ‘break-out rooms’ to practise speaking with classmates, students can learn without leaving the comfort of their homes. Take a look at an example of one of our online classes in this video.
– Greeting people
– Introducing yourself and someone else
– Asking and giving personal details
– Forming affirmative & negative sentences in present tense.
– Forming questions.
– Particles “wa”, “mo”, “ka” and “no”
– The Ko, So, A, Do system of demonstrative words.
(1) Watashi wa Tanaka Yoshio desu. – I am Yoshio Tanaka.
(2) Suzuki san wa isha ja arimasen. – Ms Suzuki is not a doctor.
(3) Yamada san wa gakusei desuka. – Is Mr Yamada a student?
(4) Sasaki san mo gakusei desu. – Ms Sasaki is a student too.
(5) Kore wa hon desu. – This is a book.
(7) Kore wa kuruma no hon desu. – This is a book on cars.
(8) Sore wa watashi no pen desu. -That is my pen.
(9) Kono kaban wa watashi no desu. – This bag is mine.
(10) Koko wa ima desu. – This is a living room.
(11) Tokei wa asoko desu. – The clock is over there.
– Leisure activities
– Numbers 0 – 10.000
– Hiragana Alphabet
– Country and Nationality
– Family names
– Items in a department stores and office buildings
Course Book – Minna no Nihon-go Beginners Book 1
Chapters 1 to 3
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 12)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: this is a course for complete beginners
- Classes will take place via Zoom
- The classes are 1.5 hours per week
- The course runs for 10 weeks
- The course takes place on Sunday from 10:30 – 12:00
- The possible study options for this course are:
29th January – 2nd April 2023
14th May – 16th July 2023
30th July – 1st October 2023
15th October – 17th December 2023
This language course includes:
- Access to our Moodle platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from Japanese language teachers
- Japanese language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay