Introduction to Korean is a Beginners Korean course for students who have never studied the Korean language before. This is a less intensive course than our Level 1 Korean course, allowing you to ease your way into the language at a slower and more relaxed pace. If you’re unsure of your level, then take our quick Korean language level test here or check our levels chart.
Our Korean language classes take place at our school in Covent Garden with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. Evening language classes at IH London are dynamic and interactive as the emphasis is on spoken communication, which is achieved through lots of group work and role-plays. At the same time, there is systematic work on grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation, so that you can improve on all aspects of the language. Your teacher speaks in the target language throughout, so that you can refine your comprehension and listening skills.
– Greeting people
– Self Introduction
– Activities and hobbies
– Daily routines
– Hangeul – the Korean alphabet
– The present tense ending “-ayo/eoyo”
– Forming questions
– Topic particle “-eun/neun”, destination particle “-e”
– Sentence-ending words “-ieyo/yeyo”
(1) Jeoneun Sujiyeyo. – I am Suji.
(2) Jeoneun Hanguk saramieyo. – I am from Korea.
(3) Jeoneun seonsengnimieyo. – I am a teacher.
(4) Oneul moheyo? – What are you doing today?
(5) Wundongheyo. – I am working out.
(7) Eodie gayo? – Where are you going?
(8) Hakgyoe gayo. – I am going to school.
– Introduction to Korea/ Korean
– Country and nationality
– Alphabet Hangeul
– Basic regular verbs
Course Book – Sejong Korean Conversation 1
Chapter 1 to 2
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 12)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: this is a course for complete beginners
- Classes will take place at our school in Covent Garden (16 Stukeley Street, Holborn, London WC2B 5LQ)
- The classes are 1.5 hours per week
- The course runs for 10 weeks
- The course takes place on Friday evenings 18:00 – 19:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
15th January – 19th March 2021
16th April – 18th June 2021
9th July – 10th September 2021
1st October – 3rd December 2021
If your class falls on a Bank Holiday it is rescheduled to another day TBC with your teacher.
This language course includes:
- Access to our Moodle platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from Korean language teachers
- Korean language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay