Introduction to Korean is a Beginners Korean course for students who have never studied the Korean language before. This is a less intensive course than our Level 1 Korean course, allowing you to ease your way into the language at a slower and more relaxed pace. If you’re unsure of your level, then take our quick Korean language level test here or check our levels chart.
Our Korean language classes take place at our school in Covent Garden with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. Evening language classes at IH London are dynamic and interactive as the emphasis is on spoken communication, which is achieved through lots of group work and role-plays. At the same time, there is systematic work on grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation, so that you can improve on all aspects of the language. Your teacher speaks in the target language throughout, so that you can refine your comprehension and listening skills.
– Greeting people
– Self Introduction
– Activities and hobbies
– Daily routines
– Hangeul – the Korean alphabet
– The present tense ending “-ayo/eoyo”
– Forming questions
– Topic particle “-eun/neun”, destination particle “-e”
– Sentence-ending words “-ieyo/yeyo”
(1) Jeoneun Sujiyeyo. – I am Suji.
(2) Jeoneun Hanguk saramieyo. – I am from Korea.
(3) Jeoneun seonsengnimieyo. – I am a teacher.
(4) Oneul moheyo? – What are you doing today?
(5) Wundongheyo. – I am working out.
(7) Eodie gayo? – Where are you going?
(8) Hakgyoe gayo. – I am going to school.
– Introduction to Korea/ Korean
– Country and nationality
– Alphabet Hangeul
– Basic regular verbs
Course Book – Sejong Korean Conversation 1
Chapter 1 to 2
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 14)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: this is a course for complete beginners
- Classes will take place at our school in Covent Garden (16 Stukeley Street, Holborn, London WC2B 5LQ)
- The classes are 1.5 hours per week
- The course runs for 10 weeks
- The course takes place on Friday evenings 18:00 – 19:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
14th January – 18th March 2022
8th April – 24th June 2022*
8th July – 9th September 2022
30th September – 2nd December 2022
*Due to the Bank Holidays there are no classes on Friday 15th April and 3rd June. The course still consists of 10 classes however, spread over 12 weeks.
This language course includes:
- Access to our Moodle platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from Korean language teachers
- Korean language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay