Our Conversation Classes are a fun way to practice and improve your fluency with people alike: share your passion for languages and different aspects of culture. During the course you will have the opportunity to explore a variety of topics through interactive and communicative activities; special attention will also be paid to refining your pronunciation and intonation to make you sound like a native! The course is designed for those who are advanced level or above. If you’re unsure of your level, then take our quick Japanese language level test here, or check our level chart.
Our Japanese language classes are dynamic and engaging, and are planned and delivered by qualified, experienced teachers, who will speak in the target language almost exclusively to allow for total immersion.
This course focuses on conversation so you will have the opportunity to improve and refine:
- Your conversational skills
- Your fluency by focusing on specific tasks
- Your pronunciation by:
- Learning to recognise specific sounds and reproduce them
- Finding your perfect speech pace
- Learning to use your mouth to produce those difficult sounds
- Your intonation: sound like a native!
- Learn how to join words in more complex sentences and express yourself effectively: intonation communicates your emotions and intentions
- Focus on cultural awareness
- During the course you will be encouraged to record yourself
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 14)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 360 class hours of previous Japanese language study required
- Classes will take place at our school in Covent Garden (16 Stukeley Street, Holborn, London WC2B 5LQ)
- The classes are 1.5 hours per week
- The course runs for 10 weeks
- The course takes place on Friday evenings 18:00 – 19:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
14th January – 18th March 2022
8th April – 24th June 2022*
8th July – 9th September 2022
30th September – 2nd December 2022
*Due to the Bank Holidays there are no classes on Friday 15th April and 3rd June. The course still consists of 10 classes however, spread over 12 weeks.
This language course includes:
- Access to our Moodle platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from Japanese language teachers
- Japanese language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay