Our Pre-Holiday 2-Day Intensive course is an ideal introduction to the Japanese language and culture for holiday makers and short business trips. The course is designed for complete beginner students who have never studied the language before. If you’re unsure of your level, then take our quick Japanese language level test here, or check our level chart.
Our Japanese language classes are dynamic and engaging, and are planned and delivered by qualified, experienced teachers, who will speak in the target language almost exclusively to allow for total immersion.
During the course you will learn how to:
- Socialise and make casual conversation with the locals
- Order food and drinks at bars and restaurants
- Ask for tourist information and arrange a day trip or activity
- Ask for advice at the pharmacy
- Speak at the hotel reception and make a complaint
- Speak to store assistants and cashiers
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 15)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: this is a course for complete beginners
- Classes will take place at our school in Covent Garden (16 Stukeley Street, Holborn, London WC2B 5LQ)
- The classes are 6 hours per week
- The course runs for 2 weeks
- The course takes place on Sundays from 10:30-13:30, and from 14:30-17.30 (lunch break 13:30-14:30)
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
12th + 19th March 2023
14th + 21st May 2023
9th + 16th July 2023
17th + 24th September 2023
This language course includes:
- Access to our Moodle platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from Japanese language teachers
- Japanese language study tips
Need assistance choosing your course?
Take a look at our FAQs page which has lots of information about our classes.FAQs – Foreign Languages
Japanese Courses Brochure
Download the Japanese section of our Foreign Languages brochure to find out about our wide range of Japanese language courses.
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay