Korean Level 2 is an Elementary Korean course for students who have already completed a Beginners course. Korean Level 2 requires that you have previously studied Korean Level 1 or a course of at least 12 class hours. If you’re unsure of your level, then take our quick Korean language level test here, or check our level chart.
Our Korean language classes take place at our school in Covent Garden with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. Evening language classes at IH London are dynamic and interactive as the emphasis is on spoken communication, which is achieved through lots of group work and role-plays. At the same time, there is systematic work on grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation, so that you can improve on all aspects of the language. Your teacher speaks in the target language throughout, so that you can refine your comprehension and listening skills.
– Asking for Sino numbers
– Making negation sentences “is not”
– Talking about possessions
– Asking “do you have” questions
– Buying things at a shop
– Using appropriate noun counters
– Usage of Sino/Pure Korean numbers
– Particle “-e” for location
– Subject particle ‘-i/ga’
– Possession “ui”
– Existence ‘-e itda/eopda’
– Use of the word and ‘-hago’
– Counters (gae, myeong, mari, byeong, etc.)
(1) Jeonhwabeonhoga moyeyo? – What is your phone number?
(2) Chinguga aniyeyo – She is not a friend.
(3) Jip apae itsseoyo – It is in front of the house.
(4) Jae sengiliyeyo. – It is my birthday.
(5) Han due poni eopsseoyo. -I do not have a mobile phone.
(6) Eolmayeyo? – How much is it?
(7) Sagwa du gaehago orenji se gae juseyo. – Please give me two apples and three oranges.
– Sino/Pure Korean numbers
– Location words, 위, 아래, 안, 밖, 옆, 앞, 뒤
– House objects
– Shopping related words
Course Book – Sejong Korean Conversation 1
Chapter 3 – 5
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 12)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 12 class hours of previous Korean language study required
- Classes will take place at our school in Covent Garden (16 Stukeley Street, Holborn, London WC2B 5LQ)
- The classes are 2 hours per week
- The course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
Mondays: 11th January – 15th February 2021
Tuesdays: 23rd February – 30th March 2021
Wednesdays: 14th April – 19th May 2021
Wednesdays: 26th May – 30th June 2021
Thursdays: 8th July – 12th August 2021
Mondays: 27th September– 1st November 2021
If your class falls on a Bank Holiday it is rescheduled to another day TBC with your teacher.
This language course includes:
- Access to our Moodle platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from Korean language teachers
- Korean language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay