Korean Level 2 is an Elementary Korean course for students who have already completed a Beginners course. Korean Level 2 requires that you have previously studied Korean Level 1 or a course of at least 12 class hours. If you’re unsure of your level, then take our quick Korean language level test here, or check our level chart.
Our Korean language classes take place at our school in Covent Garden with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. Evening language classes at IH London are dynamic and interactive as the emphasis is on spoken communication, which is achieved through lots of group work and role-plays. At the same time, there is systematic work on grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation, so that you can improve on all aspects of the language. Your teacher speaks in the target language throughout, so that you can refine your comprehension and listening skills.
– Asking for Sino numbers
– Making negation sentences “is not”
– Talking about possessions
– Asking “do you have” questions
– Buying things at a shop
– Using appropriate noun counters
– Usage of Sino/Pure Korean numbers
– Particle “-e” for location
– Subject particle ‘-i/ga’
– Possession “ui”
– Existence ‘-e itda/eopda’
– Use of the word and ‘-hago’
– Counters (gae, myeong, mari, byeong, etc.)
(1) Jeonhwabeonhoga moyeyo? – What is your phone number?
(2) Chinguga aniyeyo – She is not a friend.
(3) Jip apae itsseoyo – It is in front of the house.
(4) Jae sengiliyeyo. – It is my birthday.
(5) Han due poni eopsseoyo. -I do not have a mobile phone.
(6) Eolmayeyo? – How much is it?
(7) Sagwa du gaehago orenji se gae juseyo. – Please give me two apples and three oranges.
– Sino/Pure Korean numbers
– Location words, 위, 아래, 안, 밖, 옆, 앞, 뒤
– House objects
– Shopping related words
Course Book – Sejong Korean Conversation 1
Chapter 3 – 5
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 15)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 12 class hours of previous Korean language study required
- Classes will take place at our school in Covent Garden (16 Stukeley Street, Holborn, London WC2B 5LQ)
- The classes are 2 hours per week
- The course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
Tuesdays: 3rd October – 7th November 2023
Mondays: 13th November – 18th December 2023
Wednesdays: 10th January – 14th February 2024
Thursdays: 22nd February – 28th March 2024
Mondays: 8th April – 13th May 2024*
Tuesdays: 21st May – 25th June 2024
Wednesdays: 3rd July – 14th August 2024**
Thursdays: 22nd August – 26th September 2024
Tuesdays: 1st October – 5th November 2024
Wednesdays: 13th November – 18th December 2024
*Due to the Early May Bank holiday there is no lesson on the Monday 6th of May. The lesson will be rescheduled to the Friday 10th of May unless otherwise agreed with the teacher. The course still consists of 6 lessons in total.
**There is a week’s break in the course from 29th July – 2nd August 2024. The course still consists of 6 lessons spread out over 7 weeks.
This language course includes:
- Access to our online platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from Korean language teachers
- Korean language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay