Mandarin Level 14 is a Pre-Intermediate Mandarin course for students who have studied the Mandarin language to a fairly high level. Mandarin Level 14 requires that you have previously studied Mandarin Level 13 or a course of at least 156 class hours. If you’re unsure of your level, then check our levels chart.
Our Mandarin language classes take place at our school in Covent Garden with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. Evening language classes at IH London are dynamic and interactive as the emphasis is on spoken communication, which is achieved through lots of group work and role-plays. At the same time, there is systematic work on grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation, so that you can improve on all aspects of the language. Your teacher speaks in the target language throughout, so that you can refine your comprehension and listening skills.
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 15)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 156 class hours of previous Mandarin language study required
- Classes will take place at our school in Covent Garden (16 Stukeley Street, Holborn, London WC2B 5LQ)
- The classes are 2 hours per week
- The course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follows:
Mondays: 2nd October – 6th November 2023
Tuesdays: 14th November – 19th December 2023
Wednesdays: 10th January – 14th February 2024
Mondays: 19th February – 25th March 2024
Thursdays: 11th April – 16th May 2024
Mondays: 20th May – 24th June 2024*
Tuesdays: 2nd July – 13th August 2024*
Wednesdays: 21st August – 25th September 2024
Thursdays: 3rd October – 7th November 2024
Wednesdays: 13th November – 18th December 2024
*Due to the Spring Bank Holiday, there is no lesson on the Monday 27th of May. The lesson will be rescheduled to the Friday 31st May unless otherwise agreed with the teacher. The course still consists of 6 lessons in total.
*There is a week’s break in the course from 29th July – 2nd August 2024 due to the summer holiday. The course still consists of 6 lessons spread out over 7 weeks.
This language course includes:
- Access to our online platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from Mandarin language teachers
- Mandarin language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay