Mandarin Level 5 is an Elementary Mandarin course for students who are already in the process of learning Mandarin. Mandarin Level 5 requires that you have previously studied Mandarin Level 4 or a course of at least 48 class hours. If you’re unsure of your level, then check our levels chart.
Our Mandarin language classes take place at our school in Covent Garden with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. Evening language classes at IH London are dynamic and interactive as the emphasis is on spoken communication, which is achieved through lots of group work and role-plays. At the same time, there is systematic work on grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation, so that you can improve on all aspects of the language. Your teacher speaks in the target language throughout, so that you can refine your comprehension and listening skills.
– Working on pronunciation
– Building up simple sentence structures and gaining confidence in speaking
– Communicating in spoken Chinese within a beginner’s range of commonly encountered situations
– Building on “Hanzi” characters outlining stokes and structures
– How to use measurement words
– Asking for directions
– Describing the size of objects
– Describing where objects/people/animals are
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 15)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 48 class hours of previous Mandarin language study required
- Classes will take place at our school in Covent Garden (16 Stukeley Street, Holborn, London WC2B 5LQ)
- The classes are 2 hours per week
- The course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follows:
Wednesdays: 4th October – 8th November 2023
Tuesdays: 14th November – 19th December 2023
Thursdays: 11th January – 15th February 2024
Tuesdays: 20th February – 26th March 2024
Mondays: 8th April – 13th May 2024*
Wednesdays: 22nd May – 26th June 2024
Thursdays: 4th July – 15th August 2024*
Mondays: 19th August – 23rd September 2024*
Tuesdays: 1st October – 5th November 2024
Wednesdays: 13th November – 18th December 2024
*Due to the Early May Bank holiday there is no lesson on the Monday 6th of May. The lesson will be rescheduled to Friday 10th May unless otherwise agreed with the teacher. The course still consists of 6 lessons in total.
*There is a week’s break in the course from 29th July – 2nd August 2024 due to the summer holiday. The course still consists of 6 lessons spread out over 7 weeks.
*Due to the Summer Bank Holiday, there is no lesson on the Monday 26th August 2024. The lesson will be rescheduled to Friday 30th August unless otherwise agreed with the teacher. The course still consists of 6 lessons in total.
This language course includes:
- Access to our online platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from Mandarin language teachers
- Mandarin language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay