Online Arabic Level 16 is an Intermediate Arabic course for students who have studied the Arabic language to a fairly high level. Online Arabic Level 16 requires that you have previously studied Arabic Level 15 or a course of at least 180 class hours. If you’re unsure of your level, then take our quick Arabic language level test here, or check our level chart.
Our Online Arabic language classes take place via Zoom with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. The interactive lessons emulate our face-to-face classes, and via teacher screen-sharing, students are able to experience a live classroom environment. From vocabulary activities and covering grammar points on the white board, to listening exercises, file sharing and ‘break-out rooms’ to practise speaking with classmates, students can learn without leaving the comfort of their homes. Take a look at an example of one of our online classes in this video.
- Expressing opinions
- Expressing agreement and disagreement
- Argumentative language
- Introduction to the conditional and subjunctive
- Discussing current affairs in the Middle-East
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 10)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 180 class hours of previous Arabic language study required
- Classes will take place via Zoom
- The classes are 2 hours per week
- The course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
Mondays: 16th August – 20th September 2021
Tuesdays: 9th November – 14th December 2021
Wednesdays: 23rd February – 30th March 2022
Thursdays: 26th May – 30th June 2022*
Mondays: 15th August – 19th September 2022**
Mondays: 26th September – 31st October 2022
Mondays: 7th November – 12th December 2022
*Due to the Bank Holiday, the lesson on the 2nd of June will be rescheduled to another day tbc with the teacher.
**Due to the Bank Holiday, the lesson on the 29th of August will be rescheduled to another day tbc with the teacher.
What do you need for an online class?
To get the most from this course you will need:
- A reliable internet connection
- A desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- A web camera on or attached to the device you are using
- An integrated microphone in the device you are using or an attached headset
- The day before your course, you will be sent via email all the details you need to connect to the IH London Zoom classroom
This language course includes:
- Access to our Moodle platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from Arabic language teachers
- Arabic language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay