Online French Levels 11&12 is a Pre-Intermediate French course for students who have been studying the French language for a while. This is an intensive French course allowing you to take two French levels in 10 weeks and progress more quickly. Online French Levels 11&12 requires that you have previously studied French Level 10 or a course of at least 120 class hours. If you’re unsure of your level, then take our quick French language level test here, or check our level chart.
Our Online French language classes take place via Zoom with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. The interactive lessons emulate our face-to-face classes, and via teacher screen-sharing, students are able to experience a live classroom environment. From vocabulary activities and covering grammar points on the white board, to listening exercises, file sharing and ‘break-out rooms’ to practise speaking with classmates, students can learn without leaving the comfort of their homes. Take a look at an example of one of our online classes in this video.
During the course you will learn how to:
- Enjoy spontaneous conversations on a range of common topics, such as family, what you do in your free time, work, travel and your plans for the future.
- Describe your experiences, dreams, hopes and ambitions.
- State your opinions and give reasons for them.
- Tell personal anecdotes or describe the plot of a book or film and your reactions to it.
- Deal with the most likely situations to arise whilst travelling, such as getting around, shopping, asking for sightseeing places, going to hotels & restaurants etc.
- Understand the main points from radio/TV programmes on current affairs or topics of personal/professional interest when the delivery is relatively slow and clear.
- Understand and write descriptions of events, feelings and wishes in emails, notes and messages.
- Accurately use a range of grammar points: Les adverbes et les prépositions; Le comparatif et le superlatif L’imparfait; Le futur simple; Le gérondif; Le plus-que-parfait; Le conditionnel simple.
- Talk about experiences in life, giving advice in a personal or professional context.
- Use indicators of time (il y a, pendant, depuis, dans, pour)
- Consolidate the present conditional and be introduced to the subjunctive (e.g. il faut que + subj).
* Students should have some knowledge of passé composé and imparfait, the difference between both of them and the present conditional.
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 12)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 120 class hours of previous French language study required
- Classes will take place via Zoom
- The classes are 2.5 hours per week
- The course runs for 10 weeks
- The course takes place on Saturdays 10:30 – 13:00
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
25th September – 27th November 2021
15th January – 19th March 2022
9th April – 25th June 2022*
9th July – 10th September 2022
1st October – 3rd December 2022
*Due to the Bank Holidays there are no classes on 16th April and 4th June. The course still consists of 10 classes however, spread over 12 weeks.
What do you need for an online class?
To get the most from this course you will need:
- A reliable internet connection
- A desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- A web camera on or attached to the device you are using
- An integrated microphone in the device you are using or an attached headset
- The day before your course, you will be sent via email all the details you need to connect to the IH London Zoom classroom
This language course includes:
- Access to our Moodle platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from French language teachers
- French language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay