Online French Level 11 is a Pre-Intermediate French course for students who have been studying French for a while. Online French Level 11 requires that you have previously studied French Level 10 or a course of at least 120 class hours. If you’re unsure of your level, then take our quick French language level test here or check our levels chart.
Our Online French language classes take place via Zoom with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. The interactive lessons emulate our face-to-face classes, and via teacher screen-sharing, students are able to experience a live classroom environment. From vocabulary activities and covering grammar points on the white board, to listening exercises, file sharing and ‘break-out rooms’ to practise speaking with classmates, students can learn without leaving the comfort of their homes. Take a look at an example of one of our online classes in this video.
During the course you will learn how to:
- Enjoy spontaneous conversations on a range of common topics, such as family, what you do in your free time, work, travel and your plans for the future.
- Describe your experiences, dreams, hopes and ambitions.
- State your opinions and give reasons for them.
- Tell personal anecdotes or describe the plot of a book or film and your reactions to it.
- Deal with most situations likely to arise whilst travelling in an area where the language is spoken, such as getting around, shopping, asking for sightseeing places, and going to hotels and restaurants.
- Understand the main points of many radio or TV programmes on current affairs or topics of personal or professional interest when the delivery is relatively slow and clear.
- Understand and write descriptions of events, feelings and wishes in emails, notes and messages.
- Accurately use a range of grammar points: les adverbes et les prépositions; le comparatif et le superlatif l’imparfait; le futur simple; le gérondif; le plus-que-parfait; le conditionnel simple.
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 10)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 120 class hours of previous French language study required
- Classes will take place via Zoom
- The classes are 2 hours per week
- The course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on Sundays 10:30 – 12:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
If your class falls on a Bank Holiday it is rescheduled to another day TBC with your teacher.
What do you need for an online class?
To get the most from this course you will need:
- A reliable internet connection
- A desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- A web camera on or attached to the device you are using
- An integrated microphone in the device you are using or an attached headset
- The day before your course, you will be sent via email all the details you need to connect to the IH London Zoom classroom
This language course includes:
- Access to our Moodle platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from French language teachers
- French language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay