Online French Levels 9&10 is a Pre-Intermediate French course course for students who have been studying the French language for a while. This is an intensive French course allowing you to take two French levels in 6 weeks and progress more quickly. Online French Levels 9&10 requires that you have previously studied French Level 8 or a course of at least 96 class hours. If you’re unsure of your level, then take our quick French language level test here, or check our level chart.
Our Online French language classes take place via Zoom with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. The interactive lessons emulate our face-to-face classes, and via teacher screen-sharing, students are able to experience a live classroom environment. From vocabulary activities and covering grammar points on the white board, to listening exercises, file sharing and ‘break-out rooms’ to practise speaking with classmates, students can learn without leaving the comfort of their homes. Take a look at an example of one of our online classes in this video.
- Talking about past events and anecdotes
- Talking about the future
- Consolidating the conjugation of the passé composé and imparfait
* Students should have some knowledge of the passé composé, imparfait, plus-que-parfait (past perfect) and simple future.
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 12)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 96 class hours of previous French language study required
- Classes will take place via Zoom
- The classes are 2 hours per week
- The course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
Mondays + Wednesdays: 16th August – 22nd September 2021
Tuesdays + Thursdays: 9th November – 16th December 2021
Mondays + Wednesdays: 21st February – 30th March 2022
Tuesdays + Thursdays: 24th May – 30th June 2022*
Mondays + Wednesdays: 15th August -21st September 2022**
Tuesdays + Thursdays: 8th November – 15th December 2022
*Due to the Bank Holiday, the lesson on the 2nd of June will be rescheduled to another day tbc with the teacher.
**Due to the Bank Holiday, the lesson on the 29th of August will be rescheduled to another day tbc with the teacher.
What do you need for an online class?
To get the most from this course you will need:
- A reliable internet connection
- A desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- A web camera on or attached to the device you are using
- An integrated microphone in the device you are using or an attached headset
- The day before your course, you will be sent via email all the details you need to connect to the IH London Zoom classroom
This language course includes:
- Access to our Moodle platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from French language teachers
- French language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay