Online German Level 21 is an Upper-Intermediate course for students for students who have been studying the German language for quite some time and who are wanting to progress to a more advanced level. Online German Level 21 requires that you have previously studied German Level 20 or a course of at least 240 class hours. If you’re unsure of your level, then take our quick German language level test here or check our levels chart.
Our Online German language classes take place via Zoom with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. The interactive lessons emulate our face-to-face classes, and via teacher screen-sharing, students are able to experience a live classroom environment. From vocabulary activities and covering grammar points on the white board, to listening exercises, file sharing and ‘break-out rooms’ to practise speaking with classmates, students can learn without leaving the comfort of their homes. Take a look at an example of one of our online classes in this video.
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 12)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 240 class hours of previous German language study required
- Classes will take place via Zoom
- The classes are 2 hours per week
- The course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
Tuesdays: 10th January – 14th February 2023
Mondays: 3rd April – 15th May 2023*
Mondays: 3rd July – 7th August 2023
Tuesdays: 3rd October – 7th November 2023
*Due to the Easter holiday there is a break in the course on the 10th of April. The course still consists of 6 lessons spread out over 7 weeks. In addition, the lessons on Monday 1st & 8th of May will be rescheduled to Friday the 5th & 12th of May respectively unless otherwise agreed with your teacher.
What do you need for an online class?
To get the most from this course you will need:
- A reliable internet connection
- A desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- A web camera on or attached to the device you are using
- An integrated microphone in the device you are using or an attached headset
- The day before your course, you will be sent via email all the details you need to connect to the IH London Zoom classroom
This language course includes:
- Access to our Moodle platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from German language teachers
- German language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay