Online German Levels 15&16 is an Intermediate German course for students who have studied the German language to a fairly high level. This is an intensive German course allowing you to take two German levels in 6 weeks and progress more quickly. Online German Levels 15&16 requires that you have previously studied German Level 14 or a course of at least 168 class hours. If you’re unsure of your level, then take our quick German language level test here, or check our level chart.
Our Online German language classes take place via Zoom with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. The interactive lessons emulate our face-to-face classes, and via teacher screen-sharing, students are able to experience a live classroom environment. From vocabulary activities and covering grammar points on the white board, to listening exercises, file sharing and ‘break-out rooms’ to practise speaking with classmates, students can learn without leaving the comfort of their homes. Take a look at an example of one of our online classes in this video.
- Expressing assumptions
- Making recommendations
- Understanding proverbs and idioms
- Job applications
- Talking about food/recipes
- Prepositions with genitive, dative and accusative
- Futur I for assumptions
- Present participle (Partizip I)
- Participles as adjectives
- Declination of adjectives
- Verbs and prefixes
- Pronominal adverbs (darauf, darüber, etc)
- Topics may include: prejudice in German society, gender roles in current society, history and the media, city profiles, food, work life, literature.
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 12)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 168 class hours of previous German language study required
- Classes will take place via Zoom
- The classes are 2 hours per week
- The course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
Mondays + Wednesdays: 10th January – 16th February 2022
Tuesdays + Thursdays: 5th April – 19th May 2022*
Mondays + Wednesdays: 4th July – 10th August 2022
*Due to the Easter holiday there is a break in the course on the 19th and 21st of April. The course still consists of 12 lessons however.
What do you need for an online class?
To get the most from this course you will need:
- A reliable internet connection
- A desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- A web camera on or attached to the device you are using
- An integrated microphone in the device you are using or an attached headset
- The day before your course, you will be sent via email all the details you need to connect to the IH London Zoom classroom
This language course includes:
- Access to our Moodle platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from German language teachers
- German language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay