Online Greek Level 5 is an Elementary Greek course for students who have already studied some Greek. Online Greek Level 5 requires that you have previously studied Greek Level 4 or a course of at least 48 class hours. If you’re unsure of your level, then check our level chart.
Our Online Greek language classes take place via Zoom with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. The interactive lessons emulate our face-to-face classes, and via teacher screen-sharing, students are able to experience a live classroom environment. From vocabulary activities and covering grammar points on the white board, to listening exercises, file sharing and ‘break-out rooms’ to practise speaking with classmates, students can learn without leaving the comfort of their homes. Take a look at an example of one of our online classes in this video.
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 10)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 48 class hours of previous Greek language study required
- Classes will take place via Zoom
- The classes are 2 hours per week
- The course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
Thursdays: 14th January – 18th February 2021
Mondays: 12th April – 17th May 2021
Mondays: 5th July – 9th August 2021
Tuesdays: 28th September – 2nd November 2021
If your class falls on a Bank Holiday Monday it is rescheduled to another day TBC with your teacher.
What do you need for an online class?
To get the most from this course you will need:
- A reliable internet connection
- A desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- A web camera on or attached to the device you are using
- An integrated microphone in the device you are using or an attached headset
- The day before your course, you will be sent via email all the details you need to connect to the IH London Zoom classroom
This language course includes:
- Access to our Moodle platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from Greek language teachers
- Greek language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay