Online Italian Level 2 is an Elementary Italian course for students who have already completed a Beginners course. Online Italian Level 2 requires that you have previously studied Italian Level 1 or a course of at least 12 class hours. If you’re unsure of your level, then take our quick Italian language level test here or check our levels chart.
Our Online Italian language classes take place via Zoom with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. The interactive lessons emulate our face-to-face classes, and via teacher screen-sharing, students are able to experience a live classroom environment. From vocabulary activities and covering grammar points on the white board, to listening exercises, file sharing and ‘break-out rooms’ to practise speaking with classmates, students can learn without leaving the comfort of their homes. Take a look at an example of one of our online classes in this video.
- Ordering food and drink at a restaurant and a bar
- Expressing food preferences
- Making a phone reservation at a restaurant
- Describing a home
- Talking about hotel services
- Plural Nouns
- Regular verbs ending in –ere and –ire in the present tense
- Noun phrases
- Singular adjectives
- Verbs volere, potere, andare and venire in the present tense
- Plural determine articles
- Food, drinks and meals vocabulary
- Money vocabulary
- Adjectives to describe food
- Rooms in a house/flat vocabulary
- Furniture vocabulary
- Adjectives to describe homes
- Hotel vocabulary
- Typical Italian dishes and homes
Units 3, 4A & 4B
* Coursebooks are to be purchased after the first lesson and are required for the course.
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 12)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 12 class hours of previous Italian language study required
- Classes will take place via Zoom
- The classes are 1.5 hours per week
- The course runs for 8 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:00
- The possible study options for this course are as follows:
Mondays: 8th January – 26th February 2024
Tuesdays: 5th March – 30th April 2024*
Wednesdays: 15th May – 3rd July 2024
Thursdays: 18th July – 5th September 2024*
Mondays: 16th September – 4th November 2024
Tuesdays: 19th November – 21st January 2024*
*There is a week’s break from 1st – 5th April 2024 due to the Easter break. The course will still consist of 8 lessons spread out across 9 weeks.
*There is a week’s break from 29th July – 2nd August 2024 due to the summer break. The lesson will be rescheduled as agreed with the teacher and the course will still consist of 8 lessons.
*There is a week’s break from 23rd December 2024 – 2nd January 2025 due to the Christmas holiday. The lesson will be rescheduled as agreed with the teacher and the course will still consist of 8 lessons.
What do you need for an online class?
To get the most from this course you will need:
- A reliable internet connection
- A desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- A web camera on or attached to the device you are using
- An integrated microphone in the device you are using or an attached headset
- The day before your course, you will be sent via email all the details you need to connect to the IH London Zoom classroom
This language course includes:
- Access to our online platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from Italian language teachers
- Italian language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay