Online Japanese Level 2 is an Elementary Japanese course for students who have already completed a Beginners course. Online Japanese Level 2 requires that you have previously studied Japanese Level 1 or a course of at least 12 class hours. If you’re unsure of your level, then take our quick Japanese language level test here, or check our level chart.
Our Online Japanese language classes take place via Zoom with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. The interactive lessons emulate our face-to-face classes, and via teacher screen-sharing, students are able to experience a live classroom environment. From vocabulary activities and covering grammar points on the white board, to listening exercises, file sharing and ‘break-out rooms’ to practise speaking with classmates, students can learn without leaving the comfort of their homes. Take a look at an example of one of our online classes in this video.
– Reading Time
– Asking for shop opening & closing times
– Explaining your daily routine
– Asking for a phone number
– Explaining where you go, when, with whom and how
– Special numbers for reading time
– Particle “to” to connect nouns
– Past tense and Past negative tenses
– Question tags
– Partice “e” and “ni” for destination
– Question Word “itsu” as “When”
(1) Ima gogo san-ji desu. – It is 3pm now.
(2) Watashi wa ku-ji kara go-ji made hatarakimasu. – I work from 9 to 5.
(3) Watashi wa asa hachi-ji han ni okimasu. – I get up at 8:30 in the morning.
(4) Watashi wa kino benkyo shimashita. – I studied yesterday.
(5) Watashi wa Hiroshima e ikimasu. – I (will) go to Hiroshima.
(6) Watashi wa densha de uchi e kaerimasu. – I (will) go home by train.
(7) Watashi wa kazoku to Nihon e kimashita. – I came to Japan with my family.
– Phone & Letters
– Activities and hobbies
– National Holidays
– Days, Dates and Years
Based on the course book – Minna no Nihon-go Beginners Book 1
Chapters 4 & 5
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 12)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 12 class hours of previous Japanese language study required
- Classes will take place via Zoom
- The classes are 1.5 hours per week
- The course runs for 8 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:00
- The possible study options for this course are as follows:
Mondays: 8th January – 26th February 2024
Tuesdays: 5th March – 30th April 2024*
*There is a week’s break from 1st – 5th April 2024 due to the Easter break. The course will still consist of 8 lessons spread out across 9 weeks.
What do you need for an online class?
To get the most from this course you will need:
- A reliable internet connection
- A desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- A web camera on or attached to the device you are using
- An integrated microphone in the device you are using or an attached headset
- The day before your course, you will be sent via email all the details you need to connect to the IH London Zoom classroom
This language course includes:
- Access to our online platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from Japanese language teachers
- Japanese language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay