Online Japanese Level 29 is an Upper-Intermediate Japanese course for students who have been studying the Japanese language for quite some time and who are wanting to progress to a more advanced level. Online Japanese Level 29 requires that you have previously studied Japanese Level 28 or a course of at least 336 class hours. If you’re unsure of your level, then take our quick Japanese language level test here, or check our level chart.
Our Online Japanese language classes take place via Zoom with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. The interactive lessons emulate our face-to-face classes, and via teacher screen-sharing, students are able to experience a live classroom environment. From vocabulary activities and covering grammar points on the white board, to listening exercises, file sharing and ‘break-out rooms’ to practise speaking with classmates, students can learn without leaving the comfort of their homes. Take a look at an example of one of our online classes in this video.
– Use Honorific Expressions and Respectful Expressions to show respect to the listener or
the person being referred to. Use these expressions in situations such as (1) when talking
to someone of higher status than oneself. (2) when talking about someone of higher status than oneself, and (3) when talking in a formal situation.
– Humble Expressions 1 are expressions that humbly refer to the speaker’s actions or someone associated with the speaker in order to show respect to the person towards which
those actions are directed.
– Humble Expressions 2 are used to refer to the speaker’s actions or of his or her associations in a way that shows politeness towards the listener.
– Respectful verbs take the same form as passive verbs and are conjugated as Group 2
verbs: example かかれます かかれる かかれない かかれて
– Special respectful verbs – Several verbs have special respectful equivalents, such as いら
お / ご ～ください
お / ご ～します
ごV（ Group 3）
– Special Humble Verbs 伺う お目にかかる
– 山田さんは ９時に 来られます。
– 先生は もう お帰(かえ)りになりました。
– 社長(しゃちょう)は 会議室(かいぎしつ)に いらっしゃいます。
– 忘れ物に ご注意(ちゅうい)ください。
– 私が ご案内(あんない)します。
– 部長(ぶちょう)の 奥様(おくさま)に お目にかかりました。
– 私は スミスと申(もう)します。
– Seasonal Events in Japan.
– How to write addresses on envelope and postcard
Minna no Nihon-go Beginners Book 2
Chapter 49 & 50
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 12)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 336 class hours of previous Japanese language study required
- Classes will take place via Zoom
- The classes are 1.5 hours per week
- The course runs for 8 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:00
- The possible study options for this course are as follows:
Thursdays: 11th January – 29th February 2024
What do you need for an online class?
To get the most from this course you will need:
- A reliable internet connection
- A desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- A web camera on or attached to the device you are using
- An integrated microphone in the device you are using or an attached headset
- The day before your course, you will be sent via email all the details you need to connect to the IH London Zoom classroom
This language course includes:
- Access to our online platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from Japanese language teachers
- Japanese language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay