Online Japanese Levels 1&2 is a Beginners Japanese course for students who have never studied the Japanese language before. This is an intensive Japanese course allowing you to take two Japanese levels in 6 weeks and progress more quickly. If you’re unsure of your level, then take our quick Japanese language level test here, or check our level chart.
Our Online Japanese language classes take place via Zoom with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. The interactive lessons emulate our face-to-face classes, and via teacher screen-sharing, students are able to experience a live classroom environment. From vocabulary activities and covering grammar points on the white board, to listening exercises, file sharing and ‘break-out rooms’ to practise speaking with classmates, students can learn without leaving the comfort of their homes. Take a look at an example of one of our online classes in this video.
– Greeting people
– Introducing yourself and someone else
– Asking and giving personal details
– Reading Time
– Asking shop opening & closing time
– Explaining daily routines
– Asking for a phone number
– Explaining where you go, when, with whom and how
– Forming affirmative & negative sentences in present tense.
– Forming questions.
– Particles “wa”, “mo”, “ka” and “no”
– The Ko, So, A, Do system of demonstrative words
– Special numbers for reading time
– Particle “to” to connect nouns
– Past negative tenses
– Question tags
– Partice “e” and “ni” for destination
– Question Word “Itsu” as “When”
(1) Watashi wa Tanaka Yoshio desu. – I am Yoshio Tanaka.
(2) Suzuki san wa isha ja arimasen. – Ms Suzuki is not a doctor.
(3) Yamada san wa gakusei desuka. – Is Mr Yamada a student?
(4) Sasaki san mo gakusei desu. – Ms Sasaki is a student,too.
(5) Kore wa hon desu. – This is a book.
(7) Kore wa kuruma no hon desu. – This is a book on cars.
(8) Sore wa watashi no pen desu. -That is my pen.
(9) Kono kaban wa watashi no desu. – This bag is mine.
(10) Koko wa ima desu. – This is a living room.
(11) Tokei wa asoko desu. – The clock is over there.
(12) Ima gogo san-ji desu. – It is 3pm now.
(13) Watashi wa ku-ji kara go-ji made hatarakimasu. – I work from 9 to 5.
(14) Watashi wa asa hachi-ji han ni okimasu. – I get up at 8:30 in the morning.
(15) Watashi wa kino benkyo shimashita. – I studied yesterday.
(16) Watashi wa Hiroshima e ikimasu. – I (will) go to Hiroshima.
(17) Watashi wa densha de uchi e kaerimasu. – I (will) go home by train.
(18) Watashi wa kazoku to Nihon e kimashita. – I came to Japan with my family.
– Leisure activities
– Numbers 0 – 10.000
– Hiragana Alphabet
– Country and Nationality
– Family names
– Items in a department stores and office buildings
– Phone & Letters
– Activities and hobbies
– National Holidays
– Days, Dates and Years
Course Book – Minna no Nihon-go Beginners Book 1
Chapters 1 to 5
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 10)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: this is a course for complete beginners
- Classes will take place via Zoom
- The classes are 2 hours per week
- The course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
Mondays + Wednesdays: 22nd February – 31st March 2021
Tuesdays + Thursdays: 25th May – 1st July 2021
Mondays + Wednesdays: 16th August – 22nd September 2021
Tuesdays + Thursdays: 9th November – 16th December 2021
If your class falls on a Bank Holiday Monday it is rescheduled to another day TBC with your teacher.
What do you need for an online class?
To get the most from this course you will need:
- A reliable internet connection
- A desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- A web camera on or attached to the device you are using
- An integrated microphone in the device you are using or an attached headset
- The day before your course, you will be sent via email all the details you need to connect to the IH London Zoom classroom
This language course includes:
- Access to our Moodle platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from Japanese language teachers
- Japanese language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay