Online Korean Level 2 is an Elementary Korean course for students who have already completed a Beginners course. Online Korean Level 2 requires that you have previously studied Korean Level 1 or a course of at least 12 class hours. If you’re unsure of your level, then take our quick Korean language level test here, or check our level chart.
Our Online Korean language classes take place via Zoom with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. The interactive lessons emulate our face-to-face classes, and via teacher screen-sharing, students are able to experience a live classroom environment. From vocabulary activities and covering grammar points on the white board, to listening exercises, file sharing and ‘break-out rooms’ to practise speaking with classmates, students can learn without leaving the comfort of their homes. Take a look at an example of one of our online classes in this video.
– Asking for Sino numbers
– Making negation sentences “is not”
– Talking about possessions
– Asking “do you have” questions
– Buying things at a shop
– Using appropriate noun counters
– Usage of Sino/Pure Korean numbers
– Particle “-e” for location
– Subject particle ‘-i/ga’
– Possession “ui”
– Existence ‘-e itda/eopda’
– Use of the word and ‘-hago’
– Counters (gae, myeong, mari, byeong, etc.)
(1) Jeonhwabeonhoga moyeyo? – What is your phone number?
(2) Chinguga aniyeyo – She is not a friend.
(3) Jip apae itsseoyo – It is in front of the house.
(4) Jae sengiliyeyo. – It is my birthday.
(5) Han due poni eopsseoyo. -I do not have a mobile phone.
(6) Eolmayeyo? – How much is it?
(7) Sagwa du gaehago orenji se gae juseyo. – Please give me two apples and three oranges.
– Sino/Pure Korean numbers
– Location words, 위, 아래, 안, 밖, 옆, 앞, 뒤
– House objects
– Shopping related words
Course Book – Sejong Korean Conversation 1
Chapter 3 – 5
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 12)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 12 class hours of previous Korean language study required
- Classes will take place via Zoom
- The classes are 2 hours per week
- The course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
Wednesdays: 17th August – 21st September 2022
Tuesdays: 27th September – 1st November 2022
Thursdays: 10th November – 15th December 2022
Mondays: 9th January – 13th February 2023
Tuesdays: 21st February – 28th March 2023
Wednesdays: 5th April – 17th May 2023*
Thursdays: 25th May – 29th June 2023
Mondays: 3rd July – 7th August 2023
Tuesdays: 22nd August – 26th September 2023
Wednesdays: 4th October – 8th November 2023
Thursdays: 16th November – 21st December 2023
*Due to the Easter holiday there is a break in the course on the 12th of April. The course still consists of 6 lessons spread out over 7 weeks.
What do you need for an online class?
To get the most from this course you will need:
- A reliable internet connection
- A desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- A web camera on or attached to the device you are using
- An integrated microphone in the device you are using or an attached headset
- The day before your course, you will be sent via email all the details you need to connect to the IH London Zoom classroom
This language course includes:
- Access to our Moodle platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from Korean language teachers
- Korean language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay