Online Korean Level 5 is an Elementary Korean course for students who have already studied some Korean. Online Korean Level 5 requires that you have previously studied Korean Level 4 or a course of at least 48 class hours. If you’re unsure of your level, then take our quick Korean language level test here, or check our level chart.
Our Online Korean language classes take place via Zoom with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. The interactive lessons emulate our face-to-face classes, and via teacher screen-sharing, students are able to experience a live classroom environment. From vocabulary activities and covering grammar points on the white board, to listening exercises, file sharing and ‘break-out rooms’ to practise speaking with classmates, students can learn without leaving the comfort of their homes. Take a look at an example of one of our online classes in this video.
– Talking about plans
– Making appointments
– Talking about the weather forecast
– Assuming/ guessing
– Making suggestions
– -ㄹ/을 거예요
(1) 콘서트에 가고 싶어요.
(2) 공연장 앞에서 만날까요?
(3) 춥고 눈도 많이 와요.
(4) 이번 주말에는 비가 올 거예요.
-Shopping in Korea
– Appointment related words
– Seasons and weather
– Seasonal activities
Course Book – Sejong Korean Conversation book 1
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 12)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 48 class hours of previous Korean language study required
- Classes will take place via Zoom
- The classes are 2 hours per week
- The course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
Tuesdays: 27th September – 1st November 2022
Wednesdays: 11th January – 15th February 2023
Thursdays: 6th April – 18th May 2023*
Tuesdays: 4th July – 8th August 2023
Wednesdays: 23rd August – 27th September 2023
Thursdays: 5th October – 9th November 2023
Mondays: 13th November – 18th December 2023
*Due to the Easter holiday there is a break in the course on the 13th of April. The course still consists of 6 lessons spread out over 7 weeks.
What do you need for an online class?
To get the most from this course you will need:
- A reliable internet connection
- A desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- A web camera on or attached to the device you are using
- An integrated microphone in the device you are using or an attached headset
- The day before your course, you will be sent via email all the details you need to connect to the IH London Zoom classroom
This language course includes:
- Access to our Moodle platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from Korean language teachers
- Korean language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay