Online Korean Levels 3&4 is an Elementary Korean course for students who have already studied some Korean. This is an intensive Korean course allowing you to take two Korean levels in 6 weeks and progress more quickly. Online Korean Levels 3&4 requires that you have previously studied Korean Level 2 or a course of at least 24 class hours. If you’re unsure of your level, then take our quick Korean language level test here, or check our level chart.
Our Online Korean language classes take place via Zoom with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. The interactive lessons emulate our face-to-face classes, and via teacher screen-sharing, students are able to experience a live classroom environment. From vocabulary activities and covering grammar points on the white board, to listening exercises, file sharing and ‘break-out rooms’ to practise speaking with classmates, students can learn without leaving the comfort of their homes. Take a look at an example of one of our online classes in this video.
– Negative sentences
– Asking for dates, days or the week and time
– Talking about experiences
– Talking about hobbies and exercises
– Introducing family members
– Talking about frequency
– Able to use honorific forms in a sentence
– Everyday use verbs/Irregular verbs 1
– Making negative sentences(안, -지 않다)
– Object particle ‘-을/를’
– Time particle ‘-에’
– Sentence-ending for requests ‘-으세요/-세요’
– Past tense -았/었/였어요
– Location particle -에서
– Honorific –으시-/-시-
– Future tense -(으)ㄹ 거예요
– Making suggestions using -아요/어요/여요
– Indicating a reason to go somewhere -으러 가다/-러 가다
(1) 한국 음식을 좋아해요.
(3) 저는 고기를 안 먹어요.
(4) 저는 고기를 먹지 않아요.
(5) 내일 오전에 만나요.
(6) 이쪽에 앉으세요.
(7) 친구들하고 이번 주말에 축구를 할 거예요.
(8) 할아버지께서 식사를 드세요.
(9) 영화관에 자주 가요.
(10) 공원에서 자전거를 탔어요.
(11) 우리 기타를 같이 배우러 가요
– Korean food
-Days of the week
-Months, dates, time
– Basic verbs 2
– Frequency words
– Honorific words
– Weekend activities and hobbies
– Family-related words
Course Book – Sejong Korean Conversation 1
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 10)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 24 class hours of previous Korean language study required
- Classes will take place via Zoom
- The classes are 2 hours per week
- The course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
Mondays + Wednesdays: 27th September – 3rd November 2021
Tuesdays + Thursdays: 11th January – 17th February 2022
Mondays + Wednesdays: 4th April – 18th May 2022*
Tuesdays + Thursdays: 5th July – 11th August 2022
Mondays + Wednesdays: 26th September – 2nd November 2022
*Due to the Easter holiday there is a break in the course on the 18th and 20th of April. The course still consists of 12 lessons however.
What do you need for an online class?
To get the most from this course you will need:
- A reliable internet connection
- A desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- A web camera on or attached to the device you are using
- An integrated microphone in the device you are using or an attached headset
- The day before your course, you will be sent via email all the details you need to connect to the IH London Zoom classroom
This language course includes:
- Access to our Moodle platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from Korean language teachers
- Korean language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay