Online Mandarin Level 11 is a Pre-Intermediate Mandarin course for students who have been studying Mandarin for a while. Online Mandarin Level 11 requires that you have previously studied Mandarin Level 10 or a course of at least 120 class hours. If you’re unsure of your level, then check our levels chart.
Our Online Mandarin language classes take place via Zoom with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. The interactive lessons emulate our face-to-face classes, and via teacher screen-sharing, students are able to experience a live classroom environment. From vocabulary activities and covering grammar points on the white board, to listening exercises, file sharing and ‘break-out rooms’ to practise speaking with classmates, students can learn without leaving the comfort of their homes. Take a look at an example of one of our online classes in this video.
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 12)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 120 class hours of previous Mandarin language study required
- Classes will take place via Zoom
- The classes are 2 hours per week
- The course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
Thursdays: 12th January – 16th February 2023
Mondays: 3rd April – 15th May 2023*
Tuesdays: 4th July – 8th August 2023
Wednesdays: 4th October – 8th November 2023
Tuesdays: 14th November – 19th December 2023
*Due to the Easter holiday there is a break in the course on the 10th of April. The course still consists of 6 lessons spread out over 7 weeks. In addition, the lessons on Monday 1st & 8th of May will be rescheduled to Friday the 5th & 12th of May respectively unless otherwise agreed with your teacher.
What do you need for an online class?
To get the most from this course you will need:
- A reliable internet connection
- A desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- A web camera on or attached to the device you are using
- An integrated microphone in the device you are using or an attached headset
- The day before your course, you will be sent via email all the details you need to connect to the IH London Zoom classroom
This language course includes:
- Access to our Moodle platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from Mandarin language teachers
- Mandarin language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay