Online Portuguese Level 13 is an Intermediate course for students who have studied the Portuguese language to a fairly high level. Online Portuguese Level 13 requires that you have previously studied Portuguese Level 12 or a course of at least 144 class hours. If you’re unsure of your level then check our levels chart.
Our Online Portuguese language classes take place via Zoom with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. The interactive lessons emulate our face-to-face classes, and via teacher screen-sharing, students are able to experience a live classroom environment. From vocabulary activities and covering grammar points on the white board, to listening exercises, file sharing and ‘break-out rooms’ to practise speaking with classmates, students can learn without leaving the comfort of their homes. Take a look at an example of one of our online classes in this video.
– Describing what you and other people in your family do to help around the house
–Your and other people’s character and personality, including the personality of famous people
– Understanding information and expressing opinions about TV programs, radio, music, performers and personalities
– Making arrangements to go out, including invitation, location, time and suggestions of leisure activities and public events such as theatre, films, dances
– The language of communication
– Adjectives to describe people and personalities
– Verb: Future Subjunctive
– Conjunctions: Por causa de… Apesar de….
– Plural de palavras que indicam forma, espécie ou finalidade: pombos-correio
– The artistic scene
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 12)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 144 class hours of previous Portuguese language study required
- Classes will take place via Zoom
- The classes are 2 hours per week
- The course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
Thursdays: 13th January – 17th February 2022
Mondays: 4th April – 16th May 2022*
Mondays: 4th July – 8th August 2022
Tuesdays: 27th September – 1st November 2022
*Due to the Easter holiday there is a break in the course on the 18th of April. Additionally, due to the Bank Holiday the lesson on the 2nd of May will be rescheduled to another day tbc with the teacher. The course still consists of 6 lessons however.
What do you need for an online class?
To get the most from this course you will need:
- A reliable internet connection
- A desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- A web camera on or attached to the device you are using
- An integrated microphone in the device you are using or an attached headset
- The day before your course, you will be sent via email all the details you need to connect to the IH London Zoom classroom
This language course includes:
- Access to our Moodle platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from Portuguese language teachers
- Portuguese language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay