Online Portuguese Level 15 is an Intermediate course for students who have studied the Portuguese language to a fairly high level. Online Portuguese Level 15 requires that you have previously studied Portuguese Level 14 or a course of at least 168 class hours. If you’re unsure of your level check our levels chart.
Our Online Portuguese language classes take place via Zoom with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. The interactive lessons emulate our face-to-face classes, and via teacher screen-sharing, students are able to experience a live classroom environment. From vocabulary activities and covering grammar points on the white board, to listening exercises, file sharing and ‘break-out rooms’ to practise speaking with classmates, students can learn without leaving the comfort of their homes. Take a look at an example of one of our online classes in this video.
– Giving, asking for and understanding opinions about sporting events, including watching and taking part
– Sports, leisure facilities including times, prices and ambience
– Radical sports and issues of safety
– The qualities of a good friend or relationships
– Narrating the main features of a book, newspaper, television or radio programme, film or play
– The language of sports and fitness
– Adverbs that finish in ‘mente’: perigosamente, intensamente…
– The Perfect Tense: Tenho praticado esportes…
– Using the Subjuntive – Indirect speech: Ele disse que…
– The world of sports and fitness.
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 12)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 168 class hours of previous Portuguese language study required
- Classes will take place via Zoom
- The classes are 2 hours per week
- The course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
Wednesdays: 12th January – 16th February 2022
Thursdays: 7th April – 19th May 2022*
Mondays: 4th July – 8th August 2022
Mondays: 26th September – 31st October 2022
*Due to the Easter holiday there is a break in the course on the 21st of April. The course still consists of 6 lessons however.
What do you need for an online class?
To get the most from this course you will need:
- A reliable internet connection
- A desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- A web camera on or attached to the device you are using
- An integrated microphone in the device you are using or an attached headset
- The day before your course, you will be sent via email all the details you need to connect to the IH London Zoom classroom
This language course includes:
- Access to our Moodle platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from Portuguese language teachers
- Portuguese language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay