Online Portuguese Level 9 is a Pre-Intermediate Portuguese course for students who have been studying Portuguese for a while. Online Portuguese Level 9 requires that you have previously studied Portuguese Level 8 or a course of at least 96 class hours. If you’re unsure of your level then check our levels chart.
Our Online Portuguese language classes take place via Zoom with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. The interactive lessons emulate our face-to-face classes, and via teacher screen-sharing, students are able to experience a live classroom environment. From vocabulary activities and covering grammar points on the white board, to listening exercises, file sharing and ‘break-out rooms’ to practise speaking with classmates, students can learn without leaving the comfort of their homes. Take a look at an example of one of our online classes in this video.
– Giving information about how you feel: unwell, ill, better, cold, tired, and making an appointment to see a doctor, dentist or visiting a chemist, including asking questions, describing common ailments and understanding guidance for treatment
– Learning how to access everyday medical and wider emergency services in Brazil and Portugal
– Pursuing a health living: discussing eating habits and exchanging information about healthy meals and how to prepare them
– Parts of the body
– Over the counter medication
– Verb + preposition– Estar com…
– The Past Continuous
– Direct Object Pronouns – o, a, os, as
– The Imperative – Affirmative and Negative
– Plural: Substântivos compostos unidos por preposição.
– Men and nature – the natural alternatives
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 10)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 96 class hours of previous Portuguese language study required
- Classes will take place via Zoom
- The classes are 2 hours per week
- The course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
Tuesdays: 12th January – 16th February 2021
Wednesdays: 14th April – 19th May 2021
Thursdays: 8th July – 12th August 2021
Mondays: 27th September – 1st November 2021
If your class falls on a Bank Holiday Monday it is rescheduled to another day TBC with your teacher.
What do you need for an online class?
To get the most from this course you will need:
- A reliable internet connection
- A desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- A web camera on or attached to the device you are using
- An integrated microphone in the device you are using or an attached headset
- The day before your course, you will be sent via email all the details you need to connect to the IH London Zoom classroom
This language course includes:
- Access to our Moodle platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from Portuguese language teachers
- Portuguese language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay