Online Portuguese Level 9 is a Pre-Intermediate Portuguese course for students who have been studying Portuguese for a while. Online Portuguese Level 9 requires that you have previously studied Portuguese Level 8 or a course of at least 96 class hours. If you’re unsure of your level then check our levels chart.
Our Online Portuguese language classes take place via Zoom with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. The interactive lessons emulate our face-to-face classes, and via teacher screen-sharing, students are able to experience a live classroom environment. From vocabulary activities and covering grammar points on the white board, to listening exercises, file sharing and ‘break-out rooms’ to practise speaking with classmates, students can learn without leaving the comfort of their homes. Take a look at an example of one of our online classes in this video.
– Giving information about how you feel: unwell, ill, better, cold, tired, and making an appointment to see a doctor, dentist or visiting a chemist, including asking questions, describing common ailments and understanding guidance for treatment
– Learning how to access everyday medical and wider emergency services in Brazil and Portugal
– Pursuing a health living: discussing eating habits and exchanging information about healthy meals and how to prepare them
– Parts of the body
– Over the counter medication
– Verb + preposition– Estar com…
– The Past Continuous
– Direct Object Pronouns – o, a, os, as
– The Imperative – Affirmative and Negative
– Plural: Substântivos compostos unidos por preposição.
– Men and nature – the natural alternatives
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 10)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 96 class hours of previous Portuguese language study required
- Classes will take place via Zoom
- The classes are 2 hours per week
- The course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
Mondays: 27th September – 1st November 2021
Mondays: 10th January – 14th February 2022
Tuesdays: 5th April – 17th May 2022*
Wednesdays: 6th July – 10th August 2022
Thursdays: 29th September – 3rd November 2022
*Due to the Easter holiday there is a break in the course on the 19th of April. The course still consists of 6 lessons however.
What do you need for an online class?
To get the most from this course you will need:
- A reliable internet connection
- A desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- A web camera on or attached to the device you are using
- An integrated microphone in the device you are using or an attached headset
- The day before your course, you will be sent via email all the details you need to connect to the IH London Zoom classroom
This language course includes:
- Access to our Moodle platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from Portuguese language teachers
- Portuguese language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay